PDA

View Full Version : Quadra Island, BC - Abyssal Lodge

Easydiver
12-20-2007, 21:06
We just spent 4 days diving up at Quadra Island, BC. Great experience -- highly recommended. Good lodgings, great food, wonderful hosts. Oh yeah, and great diving.

The visibility was easily 60-80 feet. The dive sites were usually around ten minutes from the dock. We'd get on the boat in our suits and start gearing up. At about the same time we were done it was time to splash down. After the dive we'd head back to the lodge for lunch and a surface interval then do it again followed by dinner, the hot tub, and a comfy bed.

sparky
01-22-2008, 22:09
Did you see any wolf eels? They seem to be pretty elusive up there. I've only seen one while diving Quadra.

Rocky Heap
08-22-2008, 13:48
Can you share travel time from Seattle, and what approx total cost of your trip was? Would love to take my wife up there sometime to splash some weekend dives.

joelietz
01-27-2010, 12:27
That sounds like a nice lodge, I'll have to try them out the next time I'm in the area. The diving is really nice in that area and in the Gulf Islands. I stayed with some friends on Saturna Island once in the Gulf Islands and it was really beautiful. There's a great cove there called Fiddler's Cove and you can sit and watch the Eagles fish while you sit on the beach. Pretty cool!

-------------------
whistler accommodations (http://whistlerretreats.com)

We just spent 4 days diving up at Quadra Island, BC. Great experience -- highly recommended. Good lodgings, great food, wonderful hosts. Oh yeah, and great diving.

The visibility was easily 60-80 feet. The dive sites were usually around ten minutes from the dock. We'd get on the boat in our suits and start gearing up. At about the same time we were done it was time to splash down. After the dive we'd head back to the lodge for lunch and a surface interval then do it again followed by dinner, the hot tub, and a comfy bed.