PDA

View Full Version : Suunto D9 Battery & Transmitter

Lowrider
12-21-2007, 06:31
I have owned a Sunnto D9 with transmitter for the past two years and it has worked great. It was recalled last year and they did what they had to do and put a new battery in it. Is there anyway of telling how much battery life is left in the D9 and in the transmitter?

I am going to Maldives in March and would hate to have the battery in either go dead there.

Aussie
12-25-2007, 18:19
I have owned a Sunnto D9 with transmitter for the past two years and it has worked great. It was recalled last year and they did what they had to do and put a new battery in it. Is there anyway of telling how much battery life is left in the D9 and in the transmitter?

I am going to Maldives in March and would hate to have the battery in either go dead there.

The battery life on the D9 is quite good. I think i did about 400 or so dives before the battery got low. The recall came at the right time for me.

The D9 when turned onto dive mode will come up with Battery good or Battery low. It doesnt tell you how much battery life is left.

How many dives have you done on it since the battery replacement?

If it was me I wouldnt worry too much about if my battery but I carry 2 spare computers with me all the time anyway. If it is real concern for you simply get the battery replaced before your trip and at least you know its done.

As the for the Transmitter. I normally get 250 dives out of a Battery. The battery life is dependant on how you use your transmitter. The transmitter turns itself on when it receives HP. So if you turn your tank on and leave it for the a few hours the transmitter would have been on for those few hours.

I have replaced two batteries so far. Simply buy the battery from a local supplier at a cheaper price and buy a few o-rings for the transmitter from Aqualung (as they charge you alot for the battery). I have a collection of o-rings and a spare battery on hand all the time.

The D9 will let you know when your transmitter battery is getting low and it is a very simple job of unscrewing 4 screws and replacing the battery and o-ring and screwing back into place. Its another reason to dive with a SPG. Use the transmitter and AI as a backup. Its nice to have your pressure info on your wrist but its important to know that the SPG isnt ever going to run out of batteries.

Aussie