PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Regulator servicing

kauai diver
12-22-2007, 17:34
Aloha
My wife and I are in the last phase of selecting our scuba gear and are leaning toward the Zeagle Envoy or Deluxe.
We live on Kauai, there are only two service locations listed on there site that are in Hawaii and they are on the island of Oahu. And of course we could always send them in to ST.
Is this really an issue in the real world, to not have local support?
I find it odd that such a great line of equipment does not have a wider customer base and popularity.
If we stocked ourself a parts kit, could most any decent service tech repair it in a pinch or could we do it ourself. I am a plumber and work with o-rings and mechanical things often
We also are planning dive trips to Thailand and Figi, do these regs really have much of a chance of needing a repair if serviced prior to the trip.

fireflock
12-22-2007, 19:04
If we stocked ourself a parts kit, could most any decent service tech repair it in a pinch or could we do it ourself.

Yes. Any decent service tech should have no problems doing the service if you provide the parts kit.

You might find a shop that doesn't want to service a brand they don't sell, but it shouldn't be hard in a place like Hawaii to find an independent reg tech.