PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Gift

Suther2136
12-23-2007, 14:37
OK ladies I need your help. I need some ideas for a 25th wedding anniversary gift for my wife. We are planning a trip early next year, but that doesn't count. Let your imagination run wild here, cause she doesn't really need/want anything. She does not dive, no interest. She is a runner, working on her third marathon. She is also a pediatrics nurse. Not much into jewelry. I'm really at a loss here. Money is not an issue, help!

mpd525
12-23-2007, 17:41
something i did for my wife, was i paid for a full day at a day spa, massages, pedicures, manicures, lunch wine, every thing that they did there, hair nails makeup the works. cost me about 500, but she loved it.

wheelman
12-23-2007, 18:17
Isn't that silver... Might want to include it somehow.

teog
12-23-2007, 18:20
I would say a weekend in the Keys would be nice.

scuba Widow
12-23-2007, 20:12
If money is not an issue then that will open alot more doors for you...but I think I would go with spending less...I'm thinking that if she is a nurse, the spa idea wouldn't work very well because of the nails, with washing her hands all the time and possibility of scratching someone. I think as a working woman myself I would love for my husband to give me a day of complete relaxation and romance. Start with breakfast in bed after letting her sleep in as late as she wants, a nice soak in a bubble bath that you have lovingly drawn for her, hire a maid to clean the house, if you have children at home and have a relative close by see if they can stay the night there, you cook dinner or order it in with a nice bottle of wine or drink of her choice and don't forget the candles and the rose pedals on the bed, either go to a movie of her choice(yes a chick flick) or rent some movies to watch with her... then my own favorite no computer, no phone just your complete undivided attention... then the rest should be history.

Suther2136
12-23-2007, 20:48
If money is not an issue then that will open alot more doors for you...but I think I would go with spending less...I'm thinking that if she is a nurse, the spa idea wouldn't work very well because of the nails, with washing her hands all the time and possibility of scratching someone. I think as a working woman myself I would love for my husband to give me a day of complete relaxation and romance. Start with breakfast in bed after letting her sleep in as late as she wants, a nice soak in a bubble bath that you have lovingly drawn for her, hire a maid to clean the house, if you have children at home and have a relative close by see if they can stay the night there, you cook dinner or order it in with a nice bottle of wine or drink of her choice and don't forget the candles and the rose pedals on the bed, either go to a movie of her choice(yes a chick flick) or rent some movies to watch with her... then my own favorite no computer, no phone just her complete undivided attention... then the rest should be history.

Nice, I like it. Are you sure about the chic flick part? Just kidding ;)

scuba Widow
12-23-2007, 22:09
Yes...chick flick!!!...When is the big day? Have fun...Finflippers and I just celebrated our 7th year on Dec 17.

Cheddarchick
12-24-2007, 07:39
Well I will put in my 2 cents. If she is a working gal who has as much stress as a nurse does. Get her weekly or bi-weekly cleaning service for the year.

Suther2136
12-24-2007, 08:25
Yes...chick flick!!!...When is the big day? Have fun...Finflippers and I just celebrated our 7th year on Dec 17.

The 25 is New Years eve! We have reservations at a really nice restaurant in Houston for dinner, dancing and new years cheer. Keep the ideas coming, I haven't landed yet.

jimmysdevoted
12-26-2007, 09:14
well........
here are some choices:
redo ahoneymoon or have a really great one. Check into a hotel and do it up movie style.

Send her a dancing heart.... cheezy but memorable.

have A limo pick her up. Place a box and a mystery note in it, a bottle of sparking grape juice and a small bottle of parfume.
Then you pop out of the drivers seat and join her for a starry night trip around town poking through the moon/sunroof

wehile women say theya re not into jewelry, if she has pierced ears, a small pair of earrings are memorable

take her to a mystery murder dinner theatre

cheezy date: popcorn, cheap movie, pizza afterwards

j

Suther2136
12-26-2007, 20:54
All,

Thanks for the thoughts. We decided that we will have our night out, and plan a trip for early next year. We also decided that since we are so blessed that we will fore go gifts to each other and make a donation to a special mission ministry at our church. Our friend Dr Joey is a local optometrist who has started an eye ministry in Mexico, Cuba, and Ecuador to provide glasses to the local poor kids in those countries. He is building shops in each country to screen, test and make glasses for the kids for free. In many poor countries kids who can't see get pushed aside and go uneducated so this is really a great ministry. Hope you all have a great new year.

azdiver
01-18-2008, 19:07
Even though you have chosen not to give gifts to each other you still might consider writing out 12 coupons (1 for each month) and giving them to her: for things like a backrub, you making dinner, a nite off from washing dishes, you doing the laundry ..... get the idea? doesn't cost anything but she can use 1 a month. she decides which one to use and when to use it. :-)

orangeblood
01-18-2008, 20:44
If she is a runner and she doesn't already have it, I would highly recommend getting her an IPOD NANO, NIKE SENSOR, and a pair of NIKE+ shoes. If you are not familair with this look into it, I have it and love it!

ScubaGir1
01-21-2008, 23:36
What about some sort of bed and breakfast wine tasting retreat?
I've heard they are very romantic and relaxing. :)

WAHMof2
01-27-2008, 17:29
A nice weekend getaway for the two of you would probably mean more to her than anything. Roses wouldn't hurt either!

texdiveguy
01-27-2008, 17:53
OK ladies I need your help. I need some ideas for a 25th wedding anniversary gift for my wife. We are planning a trip early next year, but that doesn't count. Let your imagination run wild here, cause she doesn't really need/want anything. She does not dive, no interest. She is a runner, working on her third marathon. She is also a pediatrics nurse. Not much into jewelry. I'm really at a loss here. Money is not an issue, help!

Not a gal so I will not advise on a gift....but 'CONGRATS' on your 25th.!!!! My wife and I are a few weeks away from our 31st.. :)

cutter77
01-29-2008, 03:12
Ditto on the Bed and Breakfast....sigh...hope my significant other reads this.

scuba007
01-30-2008, 14:12
Surprise her with a romantic weekend in Las Vegas. Go to see the Cirque Du Soleil "O" at the Bellagio. Go shopping, take a heli trip to see the strip at night and then go and have a nice dinner at one of the hotels (make sure you make reservation). You can even renew your wedding vow if you like at one of the chapels there.

thor
01-30-2008, 14:21
All,

Thanks for the thoughts. We decided that we will have our night out, and plan a trip for early next year. We also decided that since we are so blessed that we will fore go gifts to each other and make a donation to a special mission ministry at our church. Our friend Dr Joey is a local optometrist who has started an eye ministry in Mexico, Cuba, and Ecuador to provide glasses to the local poor kids in those countries. He is building shops in each country to screen, test and make glasses for the kids for free. In many poor countries kids who can't see get pushed aside and go uneducated so this is really a great ministry. Hope you all have a great new year.

That sounds wonderful, however if I didn't buy my wife a gift on our 25th, no matter what she said about NO GIFTS, I would surely find myself in the dog house forever, only to have it used against me whenever I was being "insensitive." But heck, you don't reach 25 without knowing your spouse. I still say it's a setup. Woman are tricky that way. At the very least give her flowers.

DarinMartell
01-30-2008, 14:49
All,

This is really nice, do you have any info on it? Would sending old glasses help at all?

Suther2136
02-02-2008, 21:09
All,

This is really nice, do you have any info on it? Would sending old glasses help at all?

You can send old glasses to the Lions Club of America. They are the single largest provider of glasses for the needy. What Dr. Joe is doing is actually providing grinding machines to specific locations and teaching the locals how to do the eye exams, cut the glasses and fit the folks who need them.
Kids in Ecuador, for example, who can't see don't get to go to school and get stuck in a poverty cycle. This ministry is changing lives in these places, as well as spreading the word of God to many people. Dr. Joe is working on getting registered as a charity with the government, but that isn't delaying his work around the world. If anyone is interested in donating to the cause please PM me for details.

giftstud
09-22-2008, 07:22
The 25th anniversary is the sterling silver one, and you've got more than enough to buy something silver. Visit a good department store. Check decorative objects, serving trays, picture frames etc.

CFDAlden
09-23-2008, 00:18
Wife and I have pre-agreed that at 25 we go to Hawaii. 10 more years! :P