PDA

View Full Version : mr12 mares

c.edmiston
12-24-2007, 03:24
I have an old mr12 reg and octo. Are parts still available to service them? Also, how long will I be able to get these serviced. I was able to have them serviced last year. Now, I am considering how to spend some christmas money and need to know if I should buy new regs.

ScubaToys Larry
12-24-2007, 07:06
The MR12 is still a current production model. So there is not any problem with service parts. But if you want me to lie to you so you have a good excuse to buy something new.... :smiley36:

c.edmiston
12-24-2007, 18:51
It is like 18 years old. I had it serviced at Scuba Toys last year and the tech told me there would not be parts for it anymore.

CODMAN
12-27-2007, 09:10
Edmis, your first stage is a MR12 and is still made, so surely you can have it serviced. But what model is your second stage? That might be a different story! Let us know...:smilie40:

It is like 18 years old. I had it serviced at Scuba Toys last year and the tech told me there would not be parts for it anymore.

Puffer Fish
12-27-2007, 10:16
I have an old mr12 reg and octo. Are parts still available to service them? Also, how long will I be able to get these serviced. I was able to have them serviced last year. Now, I am considering how to spend some christmas money and need to know if I should buy new regs.

Don't pay any attention to Larry.... you need a new reg... something made with Titanium....something made with space age materials.. really you do.

c.edmiston
12-27-2007, 17:58
The first stage reg and oct are MR12 III. They where bought new in 1988. They worked great after being serviced. If they can still be serviced I will buy a better computer. Are you sure they can still be serviced and I got the wrong info?

CODMAN
12-28-2007, 09:57
OK, that is more precise! You have a MR12III... The MR12 refers to the first stage (the part connected to the tank valve), whereas the III refers to the 2nd stage (the part you put in your mouth). I know that 2nd stage in no longer made, but maybe some dive shops might have the part. the 1st stage (MR12) is still currently in production!

So your limiting factor is finding a shop that can service the 2nd stage...:smilie40: Larry, can you chime in here?

Anyways, call ST up and tell them exactly the model you have (MR12III) and see what they say.

Cheers!:smiley20:

The first stage reg and oct are MR12 III. They where bought new in 1988. They worked great after being serviced. If they can still be serviced I will buy a better computer. Are you sure they can still be serviced and I got the wrong info?

c.edmiston
12-28-2007, 16:11
Larry, can you give any advice as to the servicability of the mr12III regulator?