PDA

View Full Version : Suunto Mosquito

teog
12-24-2007, 10:12
Hello everyone,
One of my crew is trading a Suunto Mosquito to me for some exercise equipment. Ive read on another board some tend to have software issues. Does anyone here dive with this pc? Also do you know if i can convert it into a console?
Thanks

ReefHound
12-24-2007, 10:16
I used to have a Mosquito and it worked well for me. My only real problem with it was the display is too small for my eyes. In low light I could not read it.

Suunto Dive Manager is really crappy software but that has to do with Suunto, not the model of computer. SDM will do the job if you're not picky. There are third party logbook programs that will also download from it.

No clue on the console, I prefer my computer on my wrist.

wheelman
12-24-2007, 10:21
Yea... Suunto dive manager is not the most robust piece of technology you will ever meet but it does down load and exports in a usable format. Don't know about coverting to the console, I wear my vyper on the wrist.

teog
12-24-2007, 11:54
I already have a diverite wrist pc, so Im hoping to convert one of them to a console pc. Either one will do. I figure its always best to dive with a back up then have your primary dive and be stuck.

MxDiver
12-24-2007, 18:31
I have had a mosquito for about a year now, it hasn't given me any troubles at all (I have about 40 dives on it), my only complain about it, is that it doesn´t allow to change mixes during the dive. I will be moving into tech diving next year, so I will be trading it for a Nitek-Duo.

teog
12-25-2007, 07:42
I really dig my nitek duo. If I would do it again I would have bought the tusa though for the longer warranty. And I would bought from ST:)

Aussie
01-03-2008, 02:18
I have had two Mosquitos and they both died around the 250 dive mark. I would look at a Suunto Vyper or Vytec or even the Suunto Gekko. They are robust and easy to read.

If you want a watch style look at the D6 as it has heaps of features and is well built.

Aussie