PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Explosions?

94GTStang
07-25-2007, 10:22
You Dallas people doing good I take it?

JahJahwarrior
07-25-2007, 10:25
What Dallas explosions? I can't find any recent news with google or yahoo.....and if there were things blowing up, why would they be doing good? please help me understand!

FishFood
07-25-2007, 10:27
What Dallas explosions? I can't find any recent news with google or yahoo.....and if there were things blowing up, why would they be doing good? please help me understand!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley29.gifWonderin the same...</DIV>

94GTStang
07-25-2007, 10:29
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/25/dallas.blasts.ap/index.html

JahJahwarrior
07-25-2007, 10:32
I tried to post a link but it messed up. :) Below is the real link. If this looks like a clickable link, it's because of many many many elves out to get me. </span>

JahJahwarrior
07-25-2007, 10:35
Dallas Blasts CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/25/dallas.blasts.ap/)

Try 2.

WaterRat
07-25-2007, 11:34
I can see the smoke plume from my office. Shut down 2 of the major freeways.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Ron</DIV>

TxHockeyGuy
07-25-2007, 11:36
First I had heard of it too.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/13751997/detail.html?dl=mainclick

I'm quite far north of that.

Ajuva
07-25-2007, 16:31
Hope all are well and my good wishes go out to you all in Dallas.

TAH 73
07-25-2007, 17:30
I saw some cool footage that the fire was so violent it was sucking air in.
<DIV></DIV>

Rascal1933
07-25-2007, 17:50
Oh Man! Authorities evacuated a half-mile area surrounding the Southwest Industrial Gases Inc. facility. Three people injured included the manager, a worker at the facility and a truck driver.
It burned so Hot,that firefighters were not moved in to try to contain it for sometime..

Anyone who's been to Dallas area knows what a mess that had to be,as the fire shut down parts of nearby Interstates 30 and 35!

Foo2
07-26-2007, 10:14
WFAA had a video from their tower cam showing when the fire first started. You couldn't see the guy but someone was standing behind the wall squirting a WATER HOSE at the fire! I'm assuming he's one of the guys that got burned. Not to smart in my book. Let's think about this...I'm in a building with cylinders full of acetylene. Oh my...one of them is on fire so I'm going to grab a WATER HOSE to put the fireof flammable gas out....Oh good grief. I would like to think that more people would get the heck out of dodge!
<DIV>Foo2 </DIV>

dallasdivergirl
07-27-2007, 16:23
There is one cool still photo that you can see one of the tanks rocketing across the sky. Very scary. If I had been there I would have run!

JahJahwarrior
07-27-2007, 21:46
With this post still fresh in my mind, I attended a wedding, to run sound, lights, etc, as well as emceeing the reception, and take some pictures. Afterwards when people were starting to leave, I walked back to the sanctuary (reception was next to it) to turn off everything, amps, soundboards, etc. The altar table, with candles onit, was on fire!!! Floor was on fire, table, tablecloth....flaming wax dripping off....no one was around but me and I was there by chance! Stamped out the fire on the floor (wasn't too big yet) and went to get a fire extinguisher for the table, but the glass thing didn't break when I hit it the first time with the metal stick supplied for such purpose, so I grabbed a nearby bucket and filled it with water from the handicapped sink in the bathroom, and used that to put out the fire.

Interesting night, all said and done. If the altar was an acetylene tank, for the record, I would have called for help :)

paintballindivr
07-29-2007, 15:12
there was a homemade video of a tank shootin off and it was over a new helicopter and laned on 35 so it was preat amazing seeing that

Rascal1933
07-29-2007, 15:47
The CNN video was of a guy (looked like he was walking toward a gate entrance...)
About that time a on fire/flaming Very large propane tank rolls out the gate pass him.

It gets better!
The guy starts to walk away then all of a sudden ~ he just turns around like nothing has happened,and heads back toward the gate area.

He calmly walks back inside the fence toward all the Explosions and Fire! (What the heck is wrong with him ?):smiley29:

The only thing that i can figure out is,his wife told him not to come come home without the propane tank re-fill or else. :smiley11:

fire diver
07-29-2007, 16:30
No, that's just the stupidity you find in some security guards. I'm not ragging on guards, but honestly, some of them just aint right!

FD