PDA

View Full Version : Bent Fins?

easyrider003
12-25-2007, 11:09
I was given the cressi sub moby 4 dive bag. I have 2 pair of fins and there are two fin pockets. I have put one pair of fins per pocket (maybe it should only be one fin per pocket?) and the fins are just a tad widder than the pockets? I was worried about my split fins maybe being bent after I removed them from the back. I have the Oceanic v12 split fins, which I am most worried about bending or maybe damaging. I guess my question is will the fins get bent permanently or will they return to normal after I take them out?. They fins are not bent much at all. I just had to push the tip of the fin over an inch or so, so that I could zip the pocket.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Michael

Defman
12-26-2007, 07:29
Just a guess here, no real proof to back it up....

Fins made of some type of plastic may be more likely to get permanently bent compared to rubber based fins.

divingchef
12-26-2007, 10:05
Both my wife and I dive the Tusa x-pert zoom fins, which are not only split, but also "bent" on purpose....our dive bag also two pockets for fins.....I can manage to get one pair in each pocket.....with some slight bending.....up to this point the "bend" has returned itself to original position.....I probably wouldnīt store the fins like that, but to travel or to get on the dive boat....we havenīt had any "permanent bends"...