PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Hides

easyrider003
12-26-2007, 15:58
Just wondering if anyone has ever used the scuba hides for your tanks? I just ordered one yesterday. The one I ordered is the eye of sea monster. Kinda cool and a little creepy at the same time. I think it will look awesome. Anyone else use the same or different design?

CompuDude
12-26-2007, 18:25
I'm not a big fan of anything that traps water against my tanks. Leads to corrosion if you're not careful, and I have enough things I need to be vigilant about without adding to the list on purpose!

They are fun looking, however, no doubts there. :)

Mycroft
12-27-2007, 08:30
I have some of these. Used one on one of my Steel 130's on a liveaboard trip (it left from a place I could drive to instead of fly, so I took my tank). After one week in that environment, there is a noticable area on the tank that has the finish knocked off - right where the scuba hide was. I can still tell the difference from the other tank, which I bought the same day as this one.

SarahBella
12-28-2007, 09:17
Have never used one, but it seems like I heard or saw something about some dive shops dont like-say it intereferes with the VIP sticker. Might be a fussy lds trying to get a VIP out of a fill customer. Would it have to be removed so a new sticker could be put on? They do look nice and sets your tank apart from all the others.