PDA

View Full Version : WTB Backplate Wing

stnole
12-26-2007, 19:20
Hi
I am looking for a BP/W for singles. In particular I am interested in OMS, Halcyon, Oxycheq or most preferably DSS. I may just go the new route through ST, but I wanted to try & find a good used rig first. I need an aluminum or kydex plate & really just want a HOG style harness.
Thanks for your help.:smiley32:

mm_dm
12-26-2007, 19:23
Check also on The Deco Stop. Quite a bit of used tech gear goes through there.

stnole
12-26-2007, 19:51
Thanks MM. I just missed a DSS rig there yesterday...:frustrert:

Grin
12-27-2007, 08:12
Call DSS. They are absolutly awsome people there. I have a DSS rig. I thought I knew what I wanted and the guy there straightened me out and explained why I shoud get every little piece for every little reason. I was on the phone with him for about a hour as he calculated my tank weight and wetsuit types and everything else that should be figured out to purchase the perfect BP and wing for you. I ended up calling him back an hour later and ordering exactly what he recomended, a single tank SS plate and a 26lb Tortuga wing. I have been diving it for about a year and can't say enough good things about it. I called those guys up again recently, when I bought some new steel tanks, thinking I might need a larger wing with the extra weight. I wanted to buy a larger wing right then and there. The guy added all the wieghts up for me again and told me I didn't need it. He was right, and he passed up a sure sale, with my happiness of using their product correct, being more important to him. DSS is basically a custom BP Wing at the same or less $$$ than the others. Call them up and let them impress you. Then try not to call back and place your order. Another thing I wanted was the fancy padded harness. I was talked out of it and I am thrilled I was. Those might work great in certian people situations. But it was not neccesary for me, and actually would have been a hinderance. Those guys will sell you what you need if your willing to listen.

CaribbeanDiver
12-27-2007, 10:30
order the harness webbing here http://www.reefscuba.com/ropewebbing.htm then order the D Rings, Stops, belt slides etc through ST. The webbing is about 59 cents a foot, the D Rings, stops, etc are about 75 cents each. You can build your own harness for under 10-15 bucks.
Find the plate you want and wing and there ya go.
Of course, DSS will ship you the entire thing brand new for under $500 but then you have to put it together which should take an hour or less.

NitroWill
12-27-2007, 10:53
You cant post on TDS about singles wings - youll get your post deleted and possibly a nasty letter from the owner.

Check also on The Deco Stop. Quite a bit of used tech gear goes through there.

stnole
12-27-2007, 20:01
thanks everyone for all the help. The DSS gear is great by all accounts. Will- I'm not sure what you mean about TDS...

NitroWill
12-27-2007, 23:07
TDS does not allow any talk about recreational gear - which is what they consider a single tank rig - whether it is bp/w or not. If you post asking for one they willl delete your thread and tell you to go somewhere else.

kancho
12-28-2007, 07:49
Is DSS much better than OMS, Dive Rite, Oxycheq?

TN Traveler
12-28-2007, 08:05
PM sent about BPW I have for sale

NitroWill
12-28-2007, 10:01
Is DSS much better than OMS, Dive Rite, Oxycheq?

All the major brands have very solid rigs out and I don't think you will be disappointed with whichever route you go. Just take a look at what they offer and see what works best for you.