PDA

View Full Version : diving bra

jimmysdevoted
12-26-2007, 21:48
I was wondering, if you dont have a suit and are big busted would a minimizer sports bra be better to work with than no bra at all?
They both get squooshed anyway, but I was wondering if I woudl be better off with a sports type or just an athletic top wiht shelf bra.

j

LI Diver
12-27-2007, 05:22
I'm pleading the fifth on this one!!

dallasdivergirl
12-27-2007, 09:24
Are you saying that you don't have a wet suit or swim suit? If it's no wet suit I would suggest an athletic type swimsuit, like from speedo or something with tons of support. If you don't have a swim suit I think that a sports bra would be fine. I know title 9 has some very good support sports bras on their website.

azdiver
12-27-2007, 14:18
If you don't like wearing a one piece suit, try buying a swimwuit tank top with a built in bra.

divingyogini
12-27-2007, 17:55
I like ExOfficio's sports bras. They have a lot of support and line dry in about an hour, which is important for travel.

jimmysdevoted
12-30-2007, 01:31
what happens in the swim suits is the shelf bras dont hold in with a large bust. And teh underwires in the plsu size irritate.

So I bought a dual sports bras bathing suit tankini top, and it just didn thold either. Plus size one piece are a pain to get out if your in a hurry to go.... PLus teh backs never close correctly and the strap keepers to keep it closed are irritating.
But theer are loads of sports bras made to minimize and are soft, but not
" swim wear".
I found two that are nice and supportive, but I was just wondering if that woudl make a difference in the way a wet suit fits as well.
I will try out the company suggested. as hubby says, spare no expense to be comfortable.....

azdiver
12-30-2007, 09:27
i would think that any cotton sports bra would work. a girlfriend of mine that is rather big busted uses a swim top with soft built in bra and she seems to like it but all she wears when diving is a tank top over it and nylon shorts.

i used to play a lot of racquetball and really liked the champion ones... the pull over kind, not the ones that hooked in back! if you have a sporting goods store near you i would go in and look around at the different ones they have. also, most of the major department stores have several different types of sport bras in the bra section.

hope you find something that works for you!!

Kokomo
12-30-2007, 09:34
If you look in an Eddie Bauer catalog or on line they have some very nice swim suits that are way more supportive. More expensive also but definitely worth it.

PhD4JC
01-02-2008, 13:19
Let's say I passed triple D's years ago.
The swimsuits that work best for me are athletic one pieces with the clasp on the upper back. They come up high enough so that nothing spills out or over.
I just tried my Bare Velocty 14+ westuit last week, and it worked like a charm.
I use sports bras under build in bra tank tops when I exercise. Just one doesnt work for me.
if you are wearing it under a wetsuit, nylon will slide better than cotton.

LI Diver
01-07-2008, 19:28
I think this thread needs some visual aids, you know photo's etc.:smiley36:

azdiver
01-07-2008, 19:51
Mabye I'll get my digital, take a shot of a champion sportsbra and post it for you... of course, you'll still have to use some imagination when it comes to visualizing it on a female diver. :-)))

WAHMof2
01-07-2008, 20:11
Mabye I'll get my digital, take a shot of a champion sportsbra and post it for you... of course, you'll still have to use some imagination when it comes to visualizing it on a female diver. :-)))

Awwww you can post a pic....we're all girls here! :smiley31:
(J/K, I know the men show up here just to lurk)

LI Diver
01-08-2008, 12:51
:003: busted! No pun intended!

lifeispunny
01-10-2008, 12:13
I never thought of a sports bra.

I personally wear the Tankinis. I've found them on fashionbug's website. They seem to do some support for the surface interval and feel comfy under the wetsuit. And you can wear shorts or the regular bottom or...

Let us know how the sports bra works out...

The things right in front of your face that you never occur to you...

ScubaJenn81
01-10-2008, 15:23
I would assume a sports bra would be the most comfortable. I find the ones that are set up like a bra, with a clasp on the front or side to be a lot more supportive then the tube type. I am medium busted and I do not find the shelf bra or swimsuits comfortable at all. But to each its own.

azdiver
01-10-2008, 17:38
I like tanktinis.... for the simple reason that it's easier to use the head when you're waring a 2 piece! :-))

PhD4JC
01-18-2008, 15:52
A few years ago, I just started pulling it to the side when I had to use the potty :smiley2:, that's what guys do...

(I hope that's not TMI :smiley9:)

I like tanktinis.... for the simple reason that it's easier to use the head when you're waring a 2 piece! :-))

azdiver
01-18-2008, 17:07
A few years ago, I just started pulling it to the side when I had to use the potty :smiley2:, that's what guys do...

(I hope that's not TMI :smiley9:)

It's still easier when you have a tanktini....
especially if the boat's a rockin! :-)

QLittlestar
02-09-2008, 16:48
I wear the Enell sports bra. I wear an H or I cup, so I need loads of support. Enell looks like armour but it will hold everything in place without so much as a single bounce.