PDA

View Full Version : Replacement C-card?

Queen
07-25-2007, 19:43
I was looking at my c-card the other day and realized (sadly) that it looks NOTHING like me! The pic was taken 23 years ago and needless to say time has *ahem* changed things a bit. smileys/smiley9.gif

So, anyone think a replacement card might be in order? I fear a trip to an exotic port and the dive operator saying "who the heck is this on your card?".smileys/smiley36.gif

Queen
07-25-2007, 20:14
Oh I dunno, don't I have to get a Master Diver card to show to replace the Rescue? I don't know if I could show just a nitrox or deep card??

Queen
07-25-2007, 20:20
...Most agencies let you order replacements online, they use digital photos now.

Pretty newfangled stuff there, I hear folks are using pressure gauges and stuff now...young whippersnappers! smileys/smiley36.gif

I may do that though, send PADI a digi-pic and order up a more "current" card.

techgnostic
07-26-2007, 01:35
...Most agencies let you order replacements online, they use digital photos now.

Pretty newfangled stuff there, I hear folks are using pressure gauges and stuff now...young whippersnappers! smileys/smiley36.gif

I may do that though, send PADI a digi-pic and order up a more "current" card.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>They are actually waterproof keychain dealies...pretty neat. I lost my card about 8 years ago, one passport photo/letter later, poof, new C-card.</DIV>
<DIV>($10 lighter in the pocket, but that's what I get for losing the original one.)</DIV>

georoc01
07-26-2007, 08:18
Yes, log into PADI.COM. They have all the stuff for getting a replacement card and replacing your pic. Its also nice to be able to validate that they have all of your education up to date.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Even some cool Wyland cards that are only available as replacements. In fact, once I get Master Diver, I may order a replacement just to have one!</DIV>

Queen
07-26-2007, 08:37
Yes, log into PADI.COM. They have all the stuff for getting a replacement card and replacing your pic. Its also nice to be able to validate that they have all of your education up to date.
<div></div>
<div>Even some cool Wyland cards that are only available as replacements. In fact, once I get Master Diver, I may order a replacement just to have one!</div>
I went to the PADI site this morning, they have some really pretty cards available! It's not cheap though...$35 for a replacement.

JahJahwarrior
07-26-2007, 09:29
Personally, I think an older card shows you have been doing this for a while. :) You should see my instructor's card......

I would only order a replacement if I lost one. I have a logbook so I can show someone that I have been diving recently. And at $35, it's only a couple hundred more to get DM!

Dive-aholic
07-26-2007, 10:42
_popupControl();
I'm with JJ on this one. Keep your original card. To be honest with you, I can't even remember the last time I had to show my card to someone, even fora fill! Save your $35 to buy a pressure gauge...http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Queen
07-26-2007, 12:02
I'm with JJ on this one. Keep your original card. To be honest with you, I can't even remember the last time I had to show my card to someone, even fora fill! Save your $35 to buy a pressure gauge...http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

smileys/smiley36.gif

I had to show my card at the quarry a couple of weeks ago and the women looked at the date and just laughed. We commiserated about the ravages of time.

thesmoothdome
07-26-2007, 13:29
I enjoy showing off my old cards. It looks nothing like me any more and most people who see it have to do a double take. They still have my name on it, so it's not a big deal.

porsche060
08-12-2007, 13:06
$35 for a new one. Nuts!