PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Cdn Divers

kancho
12-30-2007, 23:41
I was at the welland Canal today.. Boy was it cold.. 33F at the surface. That is 1C for all you canucks.. It was 2C at the surface of the water and then it dropped to 1C at 5 metres (15 feet). Comp did not wrk after that.

Today the visibility was about 5 feet haha.. Wanted to go out on Tuesday all Dive shops are closed and can't get fills..:smiley19: If anyone want to go diving in southern Ontario let me know

snagel
12-31-2007, 09:23
Where are are the Canadian Divers???? I was in Mexico (Riviera Maya) the later part of November and every diver I ran into was from Canada. So, if you lost a few, try looking in Mexico. Heck, for awhile, I was thinking you guys invaded Mexico and took it over.

Cheers

S. Nagel

CODMAN
12-31-2007, 09:52
Boy was it cold.. 33F at the surface. That It was 2C at the surface of the water and then it dropped to 1C at 5 metres (15 feet). Comp did not wrk after that.

Today the visibility was about 5 feet

Oh man I envie you so much... Hmmm.. Wait a minute... No, actually Pity was the word I was looking for...:smilie39:

Just kidding! Have a happy New year!:smiley20:

Daved
12-31-2007, 11:37
If you have to wear more than 3mil--it is wrong! Go south--way south! Ice diving and and cold water diving--yuck!n Do it once so you can say you did it and then--GO SOUTH!

Mtrewyn
12-31-2007, 12:07
Thats too cold for me!

kancho
12-31-2007, 12:43
It is the face that took the most of the cold. Dry Suit was good. Except I wasn't using Dry Gloves. Haven't had time to install them yet. Will do that next time.. I will goto 3 mm in a month or two. Going down to the keys to dive for a couple of days... ice Diving a month from now. Can someone verify, if you can break through the ice when underwater, it isn't considered an ice dive. Anyone know that to be true?

kancho
12-31-2007, 12:43
Cdns seem to invade mexico to drink not so much dive haha.. Maybe a few

CODMAN
12-31-2007, 14:10
It's not the cold that turns me off... It's to have to face the cold to get 5 foot vis!!:smilie39: Not for me!!!!:smiley21:

If you have to wear more than 3mil--it is wrong! Go south--way south! Ice diving and and cold water diving--yuck!n Do it once so you can say you did it and then--GO SOUTH!

scubamikey
01-13-2008, 19:09
hey kancho . Were you at the welland canal swing bridge in welland .Its a great dive site withall the pilings and large bass . Im planning on going soon, didnt know it was that warm {ha ha}. Not to cold for us Canadians .

kancho
01-15-2008, 10:54
hey kancho . Were you at the welland canal swing bridge in welland .Its a great dive site withall the pilings and large bass . Im planning on going soon, didnt know it was that warm {ha ha}. Not to cold for us Canadians .

Was there 3 weeks ago I think.. I was in the Queenston docks 2 weeks ago 0 viz.. I think the Welland Trinbune wrote something about it. My dive buddy talked the most I was just the tag in the bottom haha.. I guess they have nothing better to write haha.. If you ever want to go out diving in southern On. Let me know. Just PM me. The temp was 1C at the canal when I dove it. But it is all good..

clayton
03-02-2008, 20:27
Many of us canadians do go to warmer climes to dive, once the water drops to 40f i am done personally till spring in ontario so i go to florida or further south where it is much warmer.Roatan last week it was really warm..

lisa_sk8
03-04-2008, 00:50
Many of us canadians do go to warmer climes to dive, once the water drops to 40f i am done personally till spring in ontario so i go to florida or further south where it is much warmer.Roatan last week it was really warm..

I haven't even got the opportunity to go down south so I am stuck waiting for warmer weather to come here. Which may be awhile... The local dive group starts back up in May but I'm not a fan of the cold (what am I doing in Ottawa eh?) so I may wait for even warmer waters! Until then, it's the local dive tank to brush up on skills and not to forget the basics!

cole
03-10-2008, 20:37
in the Turks and Caicos

DivingsInMyBlood
03-22-2008, 03:32
Iv'e never been diving outside of canada yet, just alot of lake diving and some around vancouver island.

CoralKisser
01-21-2009, 14:59
:smiley20:

GTA divers are here:

mcintoro
01-21-2009, 19:06
I dive the Tobermory area, looking forward to exploring all the Ontario sites this spring/summer.

whitworthsa
02-08-2009, 02:45
I'm on Vancouver Island!

Paverdude
02-13-2009, 00:56
I dive the mountain lakes and the west coast then it's of to Mexico to the warm water, 28 days and counting