PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Atmos 2 vs XR-2 vs Oceanic

mitsuguy
01-01-2008, 14:28
Well, I have an Atmos 2, and now they are no longer available... even used, they sell for about the same price on ebay as I purchased mine new for (from ST of course)

It appears the XR-2 is next to identical to the Atmos 2 with a slightly smaller size (thickness?) and almost everything else is the same...

I am shopping for one for my wife, and would prefer something that I know works, already am familiar with it, and would use the same download cable...

Anyone have a comparison between the two in actual use, or other similar suggestions?

I know the Oceanic computers are based on the Aeris computers, but my question about those - which (if any) would use the same download cable as the Atmos 2?

dannybot
01-01-2008, 17:55
The XR 2 is a newer version of the Atmos, I believe. I looked at the manual and think that it is esentially the same as an Oceanic Veo 180 which is $175 at LP, $199 at Diversdirect, or maybe you could talk to the folks at ST to see if they would match the price.

mitsuguy
01-01-2008, 18:19
The XR 2 is a newer version of the Atmos, I believe. I looked at the manual and think that it is esentially the same as an Oceanic Veo 180 which is $175 at LP, $199 at Diversdirect, or maybe you could talk to the folks at ST to see if they would match the price.

Yup... the only difference between the Veo 180 and 250 that I see is the number of buttons, and the 250 does dive simulations, whereas the 180 doesn't... Now that I look, the 250 would be more similar to the Atmos 2 / XR-2, as they both have dive simulating, but the 180 is such a good deal...

Joe, Larry, does ST carry the Veo 180? I don't see it listed...

According to Oceanics site, the Veo 180, 250 and more use the same download cable - do the Aeris computers use the same cable? It looks similar, or the same even, I just want to make sure...

mitsuguy
01-02-2008, 18:29
Just found out from Joe that although the downloaders look the same, that they aren't for sure... (Well, probably same internals with different connectors)

I ate nemo
01-09-2008, 19:12
well i dont know about the xr 2 but i love the xr1 i have one and they are the neatest computers in my opinion. its easy to use and it shuts off by its self unlike most dive computers.:smilie40:

Scoobidoo
01-10-2008, 17:10
Veo 180 has been discontinued, ST has long sold out their's. Try "the other" online shop...*hint hint* :smiley2:

mitsuguy
01-10-2008, 20:11
Veo 180 has been discontinued, ST has long sold out their's. Try "the other" online shop...*hint hint* :smiley2:

just received mine today actually...

love it...

it actually does have gauge mode as well, which I didn't think it did when I ordered it... with that in mind, the only difference between my Atmos 2 and the Veo 180 is that the atmos 2 has a dive planning mode that you can walk yourself through a planned dive, although the only time I've ever used it was when I was familiarizing myself with it, so I consider this a non-issue... the only other thing really different is it has one button instead of 2 that the atmos has, and it is smaller than the atmos 2...

brianhmd
01-11-2008, 13:49
well i dont know about the xr 2 but i love the xr1 i have one and they are the neatest computers in my opinion. its easy to use and it shuts off by its self unlike most dive computers.:smilie40:
I have the Xr2 and it is also very easy to use and also shuts itself off which is really great for battery life