PDA

View Full Version : Anoter LDS whine

robjoubert
01-01-2008, 17:52
Hi all,

I need some advice from more experienced divers on this issue: when I bought my Aeris Atmos XT BC from a friend, I got a Aquatec Air-3 combo octo / inflator along with it (plus the original Air 2 inflator).

When I tested the BC out in the pool, I found that the octo / inflator had a slow leak (bubbles coming out of the mouth piece) so I took it off and installed the Air 2 inflator. Then on 11/24 I took the Air-3 in to the LDS to be serviced and repaired, was told that it should take two weeks - I eventually got the unit back on 12/21 (their repair center had had a death in the family and they had to become an Aquatec dealer to get the parts - and more).

Today I re-installed the inflator onto the BC and I orally inflated the BC - and I found out that the octo / inflator was still leaking from the mouthpiece. :smiley13:

My question is: should I take it back and ask that they do a proper job - OR just demand my money back, toss the Air-3 and use the original inflator? (I kinda like the combined inflator because it includes the air horn!!)

Tom A
01-01-2008, 18:18
if they had to become come a dealer it could be lack of proper traning

Shortyman801
01-01-2008, 18:29
I would take it back and tell them to fix it right, and withhold payment for the service until they did.

danielh03
01-01-2008, 19:38
If you have already paid, just take it back, explane the problem again, and ask them to make it right. If they don't give Aquatec a call and tell them about your situiation. They will most likely put pressure on the LDS to make it right.

Navy OnStar
01-01-2008, 20:02
If you have already paid, just take it back, explane the problem again, and ask them to make it right. If they don't give Aquatec a call and tell them about your situiation. They will most likely put pressure on the LDS to make it right.

Ditto

akbpilot
01-01-2008, 23:00

I agree. Give them a chance to make it right. If they are unable or unwilling, move on to plan B.

awap
01-02-2008, 08:52
With your octo/inflator not mounted on a BC, I suspect they simply cleaned it and applied the service kit which probably did not include a manual inflate/deflate valve. That function was probably never tested.. I would expect a good shop to comp you that repair to compensate for your inconvience. The valve is probably a couple $$ and the labor should hgave been included in the first service so that is not asking much at all.

That is assuming they serviced your octo/inflator in the first place.

thor
01-02-2008, 10:37
I treat my LDSs like restaurants. If the food is great and the service is horrible, I will probably give them a second chance. If I can get a comparable meal somewhere else, and not have to deal with poor service or bad attitude, then I will go elsewhere.

The problem I have with my current LDS,to stretch the analogy, is that the food is great, the service is good, but they always get my order wrong. They are super nice, will let you return anything, but I can never get them to order things for me, that they don't have in stock. They try, but they are a little disorganized. I usually end up calling them after a couple of weeks of ordering something, and they then have to look at their scraps of post it notes to figure out why they never ordered it. Now if I need to order something I will use ST or LP. Sorry LDS, I tried.