PDA

View Full Version : Cheap dry suits??

mm2002
01-01-2008, 19:16
I saw THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/DRY-SUIT-SCUBA-RESCUE-POLICE-FIRE-NEW-SIZE-XL-2XL_W0QQitemZ120203227667QQihZ002QQcategoryZ73994Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)on ebay. A brand new drysuit for $399 is awefully tempting, but I didn't pull the trigger. I'm taking the class in Feb, and will rent a suit until I can buy, but at this price, are these even worth considering for a starter?

CompuDude
01-02-2008, 03:45
Hard to say from internet pictures, but it looks like a pretty good buy... as a definite starter suit. No way I can say if you're really getting a good suit or not, but it does look like a decent deal based on the limited description.

mm2002
01-02-2008, 08:11
Hard to say from internet pictures, but it looks like a pretty good buy... as a definite starter suit. No way I can say if you're really getting a good suit or not, but it does look like a decent deal based on the limited description.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Then again, I wouldn't want to spend $400, and find out it was a piece of crap. I was curious if anyone else here had maybe purchased one, or saw one in person.

kancho
01-02-2008, 10:23
But drysuit rentals are a bit expenisve. Why not just buy an entry level suit like the NExt gen by bare or something. THere are some even good used ones.. Seems reasonable at ST.

h2odragon1
01-02-2008, 10:57
MM;
I saw that suit on e-bay also. when I saw who made it, I made sure not to bid. The manufacturer has a reputation for having the zippers of their wet suits fall apart. The zippers are plastic, in the wet suits and are prone to coming apart at any time.
Your $399 drysuit could become a $399 useless suit on your first dive.
Old saying 'YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. :smiley21:

mm2002
01-02-2008, 11:30
MM;
I saw that suit on e-bay also. when I saw who made it, I made sure not to bid. The manufacturer has a reputation for having the zippers of their wet suits fall apart. The zippers are plastic, in the wet suits and are prone to coming apart at any time.
Your $399 drysuit could become a $399 useless suit on your first dive.
Old saying 'YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. :smiley21:

Good info, thanks!! Glad I didn't hit it!