PDA

View Full Version : pdic

Tom A
01-03-2008, 20:55
how many here have been certified through pdic

skippy11
01-03-2008, 21:19
Not I, What does that stand for? I was OW certified YMCA- all of my friends made a big issue about it at first b/c they were all PADI cert. Well, through my training, I learned and practiced much more than they had previously had to do. Needless to say...they quit giving me a hard time when I had to utilize some of my skills.

keyshunter
01-04-2008, 06:04
PDIC has been around for a long, long time (assuming that they are still in business). They were headquartered in Scranton, Pa.

hychang
01-04-2008, 09:00
PDIC stands for Professional Diving Instructors Corporation. Here's a link to their website: Scuba Diving School: PDIC International (http://www.pdic-intl.com/). I didn't get my C-card from them, but the question made me curious.

skippy11
01-04-2008, 13:36
The post made me curious too, so I googled it to learn more.

Tom A
01-04-2008, 16:07
there's a small shop in wichita i did my AOW with them i had not heard of them before that

RECDiver
01-04-2008, 21:48
I was a PDIC instructor for a couple of years back in the late 90s. Yes, they are still around. There is at least one shop in Austin that will teach PDIC.

RoadRacer1978
01-04-2008, 21:53
How about ISEA. My understanding is they are no longer around. Got my OW cert in 1994 wit ISEA (International Scuba Educators Association) and thought I had lost my C-card. I looked them up on the net to find out they were no longer in business and the shop I took my training through was long gone as well. Thought I was out of luck, but luckily I found my C-card. Got a PADI AOW card not. It is nice to have a C-card that yu know you will be able to replace down the line if need be.

CaptainRon
01-04-2008, 23:46
How about ISEA. My understanding is they are no longer around. Got my OW cert in 1994 wit ISEA (International Scuba Educators Association) and thought I had lost my C-card. I looked them up on the net to find out they were no longer in business and the shop I took my training through was long gone as well. Thought I was out of luck, but luckily I found my C-card. Got a PADI AOW card not. It is nice to have a C-card that yu know you will be able to replace down the line if need be.

I saw an address and phone number for them, but no web site.

International Scuba Educators Association
P.O. Box 17388
Clearwater, FL
(813)539-6491

RoadRacer1978
01-05-2008, 00:01
Yeah, I had found the address befoer, and when I called the number it was disconnected. Did some more research and found they were no longer in business. Maybe they are back at it. I found my C-card, so no worries anymore. :)