PDA

View Full Version : Better package

orangeblood
01-03-2008, 22:16
Dont dive much and when I can its in a lake. Whats the better deal, the mares deal of the year for 269.99 or the aeries package for 299. What about the rip tide orange bc (I love the color) is it any good. GO HORNS

skippy11
01-04-2008, 00:21
I can't speak for the reg packages b/c I haven't used either; however, 3 people I know have the Orange BCs and LOVE THEM! They also get lots of compliments on them b/c it is not a color you see to often. And, for the price....you can't beat it.

skippy11
01-04-2008, 00:21
BTW....Welcome to the Board.

SarahBella
01-04-2008, 07:25
Both the packages look good...the one I like the best out of all the St reg packs is the Tusa...

Tusa Regulator Package, Packages: Regulator, Tusa, Tusa Regulator Package (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=PackageTusaReg)

I like the adjustable 2nd stage, two hp ports on first stage, and it comes with the 3 guage console. I like having the compass and its not an upgrade on that package. The Tusa pack is $20 more than the Aeris pack after you add the compass and a little over $50 more than the deal of the year but for me I would rather spend a couple extra bucks up front and get something that wont need replacing or upgrading too soon. Welcome to the board.

orangeblood
01-04-2008, 08:38
Thanks for the help

Foo2
01-04-2008, 10:50
I don't know about the Tusa package, but I have the Mares package and it's great. From what I understand it's pretty bullet proof. Also, I used the Rip Tide BC during my OW cert....it's a great BC. It's got good pockets and is pretty comfortable. All around great BC. BTW, I'm from Winnsboro...PM me.