PDA

View Full Version : Need BC Suggestions - What's Up With The Zeagle Scout?

diverdan_51
01-05-2008, 10:44
I have a good problem and a bad problem...

The good problem is that I own a vintage Dacor Nautica BC that needs replacement. (I also received 2 ST gift cards for Christmas to help me with my BC woes.)

The bad problem (and the problem I need help with) is that I had my heart set on a Zeagle Scout and now I can no longer find it on the ST web site to order. Is ST no longer carrying the Scout? If so, does anyone have a suggestion on a similar model? My diving is generaly limited to shallow quarries here in Indiana or warm water in Florida/Caribbean. I generally only like to dive places where I can get by with wearing a shorty or a 2/3mm suit so I don't need a huge amount of lift and massive amounts of weight. I generally wear a belt for my ditchable weight so high tech weight integration isn't really a "must have" for me. Does anyone have any suggestions (or better yet, an answer about the Scout?)

Defman
01-05-2008, 11:08
Give 'em a call and ask, that's why they have a toll-free number.....

boat
01-05-2008, 12:49
I'll bet they will still get one for you. I bought one this summer from ST and they even swapped out the 20# bladder for a 35#. (Had to pay the difference of course.)

azdiver
01-06-2008, 13:50
Wonder why they no longer have it on their website... it was there before Jan. 1st! I bet they can still order it for you since they're zeagle dealers.

diversteve
01-06-2008, 15:51
I'm reluctant to mention this on ST's forum but:
Zeagle Scout BCD at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog! (http://www.diversdirect.com/items/Zeagle-Scout-BCD_ID51664)

NitroWill
01-06-2008, 15:59
Zeagle Scout BCD at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog! (http://www.diversdirect.com/items/Zeagle-Scout-BCD_ID51664)

That's an absolute ripoff - st had it for $190~. Divers Direct normally had it for $249- not sure why they gauged the price..For that money - might as well go with a stiletto or look at the zone or alternative BCs .I heard there were stock problems with the scout - but it may have just been talk.

azdiver
01-06-2008, 16:03
try unrealfind.com
they had it for $199.

kancho
01-07-2008, 08:41

That's an absolute ripoff - st had it for $190~. Divers Direct normally had it for $249- not sure why they gauged the price..For that money - might as well go with a stiletto or look at the zone or alternative BCs .I heard there were stock problems with the scout - but it may have just been talk.

I don't remember ST being so expensive. Several years ago I got the ranger for that price. But then I bought a package.. Call ST.. Maybe then can recommend a similar/superior product

BSea
01-07-2008, 10:18
WOW 1 off of list. What a deal!! For that price you'd be better off with the Brigade from ST.

NitroWill
01-07-2008, 10:22
WOW 1 off of list. What a deal!! For that price you'd be better off with the Brigade from ST.

Yes, that is pretty sad - I know it was just $249 there days ago - they'll gladly price match - but its the diea behind it :smiley21:

azdiver
01-07-2008, 17:22
did anyone check at ST to see if they still sell it and what price they sell if for now?

i now you can find it on ebay for $199 at unrealfind (think that's the name of the store )

pains
01-08-2008, 06:34
I already asked ST. Sadly Scout is out of stock and back order until Feb.

mm_dm
01-08-2008, 07:31
For awhile, Zeagle had the Scout packaged up with one of their regs and their version of the Air 2 for a discounted price. I know our LDS sold out of them all quickly.

ScottZeagle
01-08-2008, 13:27
We had a huge run on Scouts, but will have more available to ship by the end of next week...unless something bad happens.

:)

NitroWill
01-08-2008, 13:42
We had a huge run on Scouts, but will have more available to ship by the end of next week...unless something bad happens.

So what is the actual MSRP on these?? I see some shops listing them with a 200~ pricetag and some listing them well over 300 - what gives? Are these shops just trying to take advantage of their stock during the outage - as some of them were $100~ less before the backorder..

ScottZeagle
01-08-2008, 15:04
MSRP is $315.

diverdan_51
01-08-2008, 17:22
[quote=ScottZeagle;117139]We had a huge run on Scouts, but will have more available to ship by the end of next week...unless something bad happens.

Thanks for all of the info. We'll be getting more snow by the end of the week here in Indiana so I do have a little time before I'll need the new BC. I'm thinking about going to the Our World Underwater diving expo in Chicago next month anyway, so I may wait until then so I can stop by the Zeagle booth and try one on and maybe compare with a Brigade if they would happen to have one.

azdiver
01-08-2008, 17:34
As long as you don't need it now, going to the show and trying on a few makes the most sense anyway!

ScottZeagle
01-09-2008, 08:17
The Brigade is a Scuba Toys exclusive, so there will not be any at OWU, but stop by the booth and see what we've got!!!

diverdan_51
01-09-2008, 16:47
[quote=ScottZeagle;117506]The Brigade is a Scuba Toys exclusive, so there will not be any at OWU, but stop by the booth and see what we've got!!!

Sounds good! Having a Brigade at the show would be great advertising for ST... but of course may PO your other dealers... Will you be at the show?

fisheater
01-09-2008, 20:07
As the Brigade is really just the Ranger with a smaller bladder, try on the Ranger and visualize a smaller bladder. (Or, you could cheat and ask the Zeagle booth folks to show you have versatile their products are and demo putting a 35 lbs. bladder on the Ranger.)

diverdan_51
01-09-2008, 20:41
[quote=fisheater;117877]As the Brigade is really just the Ranger with a smaller bladder, try on the Ranger and visualize a smaller bladder. (Or, you could cheat and ask the Zeagle booth folks to show you have versatile their products are and demo putting a 35 lbs. bladder on the Ranger.)

I like how you're thinking... Our maybe the Zeagle folks could display a code word on this forum for loyal Scuba Toys-only customers and when you mention the code word, they just happen to find a size large Brigade underneath a table in their booth for you to try on... just kidding Zeagle folks!

I'll probable just try on and compare the Scout and the Ranger like you said.

ScottZeagle
01-10-2008, 08:01
[quote=ScottZeagle;117506]Will you be at the show?

I will not be at the show...

I usually only do a couple of shows a year, which are Long Beach and DEMA....although I do think I am going to the Korean dive show this spring...

Have fun!!