PDA

View Full Version : Who does Dacor anymore? Anyone?

ScubaLass
07-26-2007, 11:42
Hello! I have a Dacor reg and BCD, and it is long past time for my reg to get serviced. Problem is, I took it to my local dive shop last month and they said Dacor is no longer. They could not service it as no one had the parts if something was wrong, and they said anywhere I went in town would tell me the same thing. They said it was bought out by Mares.http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif They did hook it up to a tank and check it out that way, and since I've only just recently gone into double digits on my non-certification dives, it's still pretty "new", and they said there were no major problems they could see.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A couple of weeks ago I went diving in some Florida caverns, and a couple of the people at the sites said that surely I could find someone to service it on the Internet. I suppose that means bundling it up and sending it off. Has anyone heard of anything like this, know of anyone on the INternet, or have Dacor gear and run into the same problem? It still is relatively new, but after some air trouble on my last dive (posted on the Regulators forum), I really want to have it looked at.</DIV>

thesmoothdome
07-26-2007, 23:06
Check out this link. Larry does a really nice job on explaining the Dacor situation.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=638

Buoyant1
08-19-2007, 19:53
Doesn't Mares distribute their gear now?

terrillja
08-27-2007, 12:13
Hello! I have a Dacor reg and BCD, and it is long past time for my reg to get serviced. Problem is, I took it to my local dive shop last month and they said Dacor is no longer. They could not service it as no one had the parts if something was wrong, and they said anywhere I went in town would tell me the same thing. They said it was bought out by Mares.http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif They did hook it up to a tank and check it out that way, and since I've only just recently gone into double digits on my non-certification dives, it's still pretty "new", and they said there were no major problems they could see.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A couple of weeks ago I went diving in some Florida caverns, and a couple of the people at the sites said that surely I could find someone to service it on the Internet. I suppose that means bundling it up and sending it off. Has anyone heard of anything like this, know of anyone on the INternet, or have Dacor gear and run into the same problem? It still is relatively new, but after some air trouble on my last dive (posted on the Regulators forum), I really want to have it looked at.</DIV>

My LDS still sells new Dacor gear, and that is all he sells. No clue where he gets it, but it is all new gear in dacor boxes, so it is either old stock or
new gear that was just manufactured. Try giving him a call, he is an old school diver, and I would believe that he has old parts lying around, since walking into his house/ shop is like walking back in time.

His # is (603) 763-5353

Jackalope
10-04-2007, 15:06
Please let me know if you find a solution to your Dacor regulator issue. I'm having the same problem - except that my regulator is unusable unless it gets serviced.

terrillja
10-04-2007, 15:15
Please let me know if you find a solution to your Dacor regulator issue. I'm having the same problem - except that my regulator is unusable unless it gets serviced.

Call the # above, I'm betting that Wayne would be willing to do a service on it if he has the parts, then mail it back. I would definitely call him.

zzzScuba
12-16-2007, 22:50
One of my sets is the Dacor Viper America. LDS still services it (falls under one of the items that Mares has parts for). Not knowing which Dacor rig you have, perhaps you might look for a Mares Dealer in your area, and find out if your regulator is still serviced (w/the now Mares parts)?

adv_diver1
12-17-2007, 04:57
I had the same problem, so I am just ditching my old reg set (very hard to do) and getting a brand new setup from ST. Time to frame the old reg set and move on I guess...... Sigh...

Largo
03-26-2008, 20:57
You know...

After you buy your new regulator for yourself, you could use the older Dacor reg on another tank, but strictly for filling lift bags.

That is, if you are going to be filling lift bags.

terrillja
03-26-2008, 21:09
You know...

After you buy your new regulator for yourself, you could use the older Dacor reg on another tank, but strictly for filling lift bags.

That is, if you are going to be filling lift bags.
Or ebay...

It always amazes me what sells well and what doesn't on ebay.

Largo
03-26-2008, 21:13
Have you heard the Weird Al Yankovic song Ebay?

Hilarious!

longtailbda
06-08-2008, 04:56
Just received some dacor equipment from ST. I was supposed to give it a try yesterday but trip fell apart.:smiley5: Unfortunately you'll have to try to find someone with the parts in stock; good luck.