PDA

View Full Version : DIY: Spring Straps Handle

ScubaJW
07-26-2007, 14:23
I just finished DIY spring straps for my apollo biofins and now what is left is the handle where you can pull the straps when you don/doffwith the booties.
<DIV>Where do I buy the handle to put on my springs? Thanks!</DIV>

awap
07-26-2007, 20:56
Unless you are wearing mittens, I thi nk you will find you don't need any added handles.

ScubaJW
07-26-2007, 22:25
Unless you are wearing mittens, I thi nk you will find you don't need any added handles.

I do need handles for my spring straps for the comfort and ease. I have used the handles before so I know that I need them.

awap
07-27-2007, 09:38
I do need handles for my spring straps for the comfort and ease. I have used the handles before so I know that I need them.

Yes. I have not used handles before on my spring straps so I know I don't need them.

If your springs are coverd with plastic tubing, you might go one size up on some more tubing cut and threaded over the top to form loops at the heal of each strap.

WaterRat
07-27-2007, 09:59
You could just get some 1" wide nylon webbing and loop it around the spring and sew it so there is a tab you could pull. Or sew it into a loop that you could get your finger in.

Ron

JahJahwarrior
07-27-2007, 10:39
I second the webbing idea. You could do lots of things but I think that is a better idea than cutting the tubing....

To get it to stay in place at the back of the spring might be hard, but if it moves around just pull it to the back when you pull, it should lift the spring off the booty enough to let it move to the back, unless you have ridiculously tight straps or something.....

But, alot of people use them without a handle at all, just so you know.

DirtyWaterIL
07-28-2007, 11:53
My suggestion is just waner around the hardware store until you see something that will work.