PDA

View Full Version : Kinda feelin' "McGyver" .......

Goober
01-06-2008, 07:19
This morning. I rarely WANT a cup of coffee in the mornings. I do enjoy it often enough to keep a 4 cup coffee pot on the counter top. So I wake up this morning with that Joe urge and low and behold...no filters.:smiley5:

Wound up carefully taking apart a family sized tea bag, emptying the contents, filling with good ol' Folgers, Pleating, folding and reinserting the original staple.

Now fellas, I was unable to find this in the handbook, so just make a mental note. :wiggle:This has got to be the best damn cup o joe I've ever had

Navy OnStar
01-06-2008, 07:23
It always tastes better when you work for it. Nice job

However, in the morning I rarely feel like working.....so I keep the 750 pack of fiters in the cabinet and make up for it with good beans.

cheebaweebie
01-06-2008, 07:26
use a paper towel lined in the filter cup of the coffee maker. Nothing keeps me from my joe let me tell you. I NEED IT TO SURVIVE. AsI sit here sipping on a fresh cup of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee.... Yum

wheelman
01-06-2008, 07:39
Necessity is the mother of invention...

Bigg_Budd
01-06-2008, 10:24
That's not a DAMN good cup of coffee. That's a MAN good cup of coffee.

Nice work bro. That's worth at least 30 man points...

robjoubert
01-06-2008, 10:50
You didn't think of putting the coffee inside one of your SO's stockings which was inside a pure cotton sock?

I have been camping with the wrong people!!!!!

divingchef
01-06-2008, 10:53
goober, when I have that problem I first chew up the gounds, (its actually better if they are whole bean) and then pour boiling hot water down my throat to finish that coffee pleasure.....sometimes I do it even when I have filters.....good to the last drop!

BuzzGA
01-06-2008, 10:56
You didn't think of putting the coffee inside one of your SO's stockings which was inside a pure cotton sock?

I have been camping with the wrong people!!!!!

I didn't realize you had been camping with my friends

whse56
01-06-2008, 10:59
goober, when I have that problem I first chew up the gounds, (its actually better if they are whole bean) and then pour boiling hot water down my throat to finish that coffee pleasure.....sometimes I do it even when I have filters.....good to the last drop!
:smiley36: Now that's how a man does it:smiley36:

aggie99
01-06-2008, 11:17
I grew up in England so sacrificing Tea in the name of Coffee is grounds (no pun intended) for war!

divingchef
01-06-2008, 11:24
I grew up in England so sacrificing Tea in the name of Coffee is grounds (no pun intended) for war!

and so shall history repeat itself.....the second revolution all started on Scuba Toys Forum.....no more Boston Harbor stuff.....hey goober, go dress up like a Native American......IŽll re-write the constitution on an old piece of birch bark.....

Goober
01-06-2008, 11:27

and so shall history repeat itself.....the second revolution all started on Scuba Toys Forum.....no more Boston Harbor stuff.....hey goober, go dress up like a Native American......IŽll re-write the constitution on an old piece of birch bark.....

Way ahead of you bro, crushin' berries for war paint as we speak.

aggie99
01-06-2008, 11:42

Way ahead of you bro, crushin' berries for war paint as we speak.

I am diggin' my grandfather's musket out of the closet as we speak...maybe I will pack it with coffee grounds instead of gun powder:smiley36:

robjoubert
01-06-2008, 23:05

Divingchef, I think that you may enjoy the following note I recently found:

NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

In light of your failure to make the correct decision in electing your President, thus showing you to be unfit to govern yourselves, we hereby give you notice of the revocation of your independence effective as of Monday, 3rd November 2008.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she doesn't much fancy.

Your new Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Gordon Brown M.P., for the 97.85% of you unaware of the outside world, will appoint a Minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated in twelve months time to determine if any of you noticed.

To aid your transition into a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

All citizens are to look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. While there, check the pronunciation guide for "aluminium" - this may be surprising for you. Generally attempt to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same 27 words interspersed with "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable form of communication. Look up "interspersed".
There is no such thing as "U.S. English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.
Learn to distinguish British and Australian accents. It is not difficult.
Hollywood will henceforth be required to occasionally cast Englishmen as good guys.
Re-learn your original anthem, "God Save the Queen". Please ensure that you have complied with the first law before attempting this.
Stop playing American "football". There is only one kind of "football". What you refer to as "football" is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you aware of a world outside of your borders may have noticed that no one else plays it. Play proper football instead; to start with get the girls to help you - it is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, eventually, be allowed to play rugby, which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full Kevlar body armour like nancies.
Declare war on Quebec and France, using nukes if they give you any merde. The 97.85% of you unaware of the outside world should count yourselves lucky - the Russians have never really been bad guys. (BTW - "Merde” is French for "sh*t".)
4th July is no longer a public holiday. 2nd November will be the new national holiday.
American cars are hereby banned. They are crap; and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars you'll understand.
Please tell us who killed JFK. Its been driving us crazy.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

divingchef
01-07-2008, 13:50

Divingchef, I think that you may enjoy the following note I recently found:

NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

In light of your failure to make the correct decision in electing your President, thus showing you to be unfit to govern yourselves, we hereby give you notice of the revocation of your independence effective as of Monday, 3rd November 2008.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she doesn't much fancy.

Your new Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Gordon Brown M.P., for the 97.85% of you unaware of the outside world, will appoint a Minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated in twelve months time to determine if any of you noticed.

To aid your transition into a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

All citizens are to look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. While there, check the pronunciation guide for "aluminium" - this may be surprising for you. Generally attempt to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same 27 words interspersed with "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable form of communication. Look up "interspersed".
There is no such thing as "U.S. English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.
Learn to distinguish British and Australian accents. It is not difficult.
Hollywood will henceforth be required to occasionally cast Englishmen as good guys.
Re-learn your original anthem, "God Save the Queen". Please ensure that you have complied with the first law before attempting this.
Stop playing American "football". There is only one kind of "football". What you refer to as "football" is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you aware of a world outside of your borders may have noticed that no one else plays it. Play proper football instead; to start with get the girls to help you - it is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, eventually, be allowed to play rugby, which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full Kevlar body armour like nancies.
Declare war on Quebec and France, using nukes if they give you any merde. The 97.85% of you unaware of the outside world should count yourselves lucky - the Russians have never really been bad guys. (BTW - "Merde” is French for "sh*t".)
4th July is no longer a public holiday. 2nd November will be the new national holiday.
American cars are hereby banned. They are crap; and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars you'll understand.
Please tell us who killed JFK. Its been driving us crazy.THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

iŽve seen this somewhere before......I really like it! Funny stuff....

navyhmc
01-07-2008, 22:59

Isn't that how Chuck Norris does it too???:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :D :D :D

Tom A
01-08-2008, 20:32
i have had iti n a socked an boiled when out on trail ride

Anne Eastwell
01-08-2008, 21:21
Geez, I know what my SO is like when we're camping! I hope the socks that have filtered your coffee have been clean ones!!!! :smiley11:

jimmysdevoted
01-08-2008, 21:40
Have you ever had boiled coffee????
We have been so wanting coffee that we have taken a pot and dump coffee into the pot and boiled for a few minutes.

we have also taken to cutting muslin circles from old sheets and keep them handy

and puertorican coffe is a pair of panty hose filled with coffee and boiled ina large pot............

sometimes you just gotta have gogo juice

inwa2deep
02-14-2008, 22:32
A real man would just simply mix money and 7-11 together and poof coffee and no clean up....

CompuDude
02-15-2008, 03:38
Ok, first off: MacGyver.

(man, that's been driving me nuts!)

Second, paper towel for the win. Does the job without folding or pleating. Less work is the REAL man way to do it. ;)

BSea
02-15-2008, 08:52

Second, paper towel for the win. Does the job without folding or pleating. Less work is the REAL man way to do it. ;)

Less work is to reuse the last filter. I can't believe nobody had posted this yet.

Goober
02-15-2008, 12:38

As I see it takes very little to drive you nuts.

You would have lost. Paper towels where not an option. None where available. Seems to me that would have been obvious when one went to such great lengths as to disassemble a tea bag. I'm sure it is my fault for not giving every little detail.

Now, is all of my spelling and grammar correct in this one?

CompuDude
02-15-2008, 13:25

As I see it takes very little to drive you nuts.

You would have lost. Paper towels where not an option. None where available. Seems to me that would have been obvious when one went to such great lengths as to disassemble a tea bag. I'm sure it is my fault for not giving every little detail.

Now, is all of my spelling and grammar correct in this one?

Some people love the thrill of the build, so the suggestion was applicable, absent more info.

I could care less about your spelling and grammar in general, but don't mess with my favorite TV shows! ;)

mwhities
02-15-2008, 13:39
I just replace the K-Cup in my wife's single cup maker. No filters, no mess. Coffe in 15 seconds....

MicahEW
02-15-2008, 15:38
I like instant coffe rough on the kidneys but they will live......

SkuaSeptember
02-15-2008, 16:08
I've done most of the above, but I've got 7 Dunks within 1.5 mi. of the house. 3 with drive throughs:smiley20:

scubajane
02-17-2008, 14:28
the hard part about getting java at the drive through is that they expect cash. gotta look through the couch cushions to get enough for a cuppa joe.

KGNickl
02-17-2008, 14:38
the hard part about getting java at the drive through is that they expect cash. gotta look through the couch cushions to get enough for a cuppa joe.
McDonalds could care less how I pay for my $2.00 coffee.

Goober
02-17-2008, 15:46

Amen sister:smiley32:

reeldive
02-17-2008, 19:38
1 gal water
1 cup coffee
shells from two eggs
boil over open fire for 5 min
set off fire and add egg shells to settle the grounds.

Now thats MAN coffee

scubajane
12-05-2008, 22:03
how to drink coffee like a 'real' man.... wait til the pot stops percolating. pour a cup, drink it straight down, repeat. My Dad used to do that we thought he had a cast iron stomach

emt
01-21-2009, 19:04
Same here, resorted to paper towels. Made at least 2 cups if grounds made it past filter into coffee so i would just drink 1 and 1/2 cups.