PDA

View Full Version : Storage

citykid
01-07-2008, 12:38
Manuals say to store in a cool place away from motors and pilot lights. But how far is okay? Would in the basement 20' away from a boiler okay? Is being near a washer & dryer (gas) okay? I mean, those are motors also.

kancho
01-07-2008, 13:43
I store it in my closet.. People say leave it in the bag if stored for long periods and hange if it is for short periods (weekly usage).. My is in the basement just for Drying.

cummings66
01-07-2008, 13:46
Storage depends on brand, some hang some roll, some stuff. How far, for me not in the same room.

thesmoothdome
01-12-2008, 18:40
Like Cummings said, it depends on the brand. Once dry, Viking had me roll up the suit and store it in the provided bag. DUI has me loosly fold my CF200x and lay it in a rubbermaid container. They don't recommend hanging the suit once it's dry. I keep my DUI in a closet in my office, away from the pollutants your average garage has.

cummings66
01-13-2008, 08:09
I'm not sure why, but Viking does indeed have you roll it and some others want it stuff or folded. I'd think that rolling should be good for any of them because you don't get lines which crease and then can break, but the same can be said of stuffing them as well.

Whatever the maker of the suit says is what I do, I'm hoping they know better than I do how to properly store them. However, why would your drysuit be in storage? Get out there and dive man...

I would not store it near your washer and dryer, nor near any ozone producing device. I keep mine in my living room closet and the other is in my bedroom closet.