PDA

View Full Version : new forum

kevinj1
07-26-2007, 22:07
Congratulations to everyone that put the new forum together. So far, I dont see any glitches.
You ST guys are too good.

Kevinj1

Cichlid
07-26-2007, 22:31
Yeah, awesome job. It was super easy to get back on!

Black-Gorrilla
07-26-2007, 23:17
i just dont like the fact that some of my last post on the old board are now missing??

Centerius
07-26-2007, 23:50
Good job on the new forum! I love vB (been using it for roughly ~6 years now)

ReefHound
07-26-2007, 23:56
Congratulations to everyone that put the new forum together. So far, I dont see any glitches.
You ST guys are too good.

Kevinj1

They lost every single post (~185) and private message for me. How's that for a glitch?

texdiveguy
07-27-2007, 00:23
.................I had some troubles to ReefHound...hmmmmmmmmm

DiverBry
07-27-2007, 00:26
Thanks for making the switch to vBulletin! The place has a familiar look and feel...

Moxie
07-27-2007, 01:34
Well Larry and Joe... you're doing a great job. You didn't have to do this for us, but it's appreciated. I've yet to see a software rollover that didn't have a couple of hiccups, but nothing is major.

Thank you once again for the forum and for paying us to post. You guys continue to rock.

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 07:12
that is true, most software rollovers do have the casual hiccup. im sure there is still some minor ones, but it went fairly smooth.

creggur
07-27-2007, 08:01
Hey it's nice waking up to the new board!!!
Kudos to Larry and all those who worked on this

I dig the Founding Member tag.....Of course it was my idea...

THANK YOUUU, THANK YOU VERY MUUCH..

Queen
07-27-2007, 08:05
Very nice! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the switch. :thumb:

Moxie
07-27-2007, 08:54
Things seem to be A-OK now. My pink scuba chick is back! Thanks guys.

loudgonzo
07-27-2007, 09:07
No problems here with the switchover, smooth as silk!

the gooch
07-27-2007, 09:57
Good job on the switch over and I like my "Founding Member" title.

BSea
07-27-2007, 10:14
I agree, great job. Sorry about your post being lost Reefhound, but you still have your count.

I do have a question. What constitutes a "Founding Member"? I do like it, but I noticed someone that didn't have that title, and they joined before I did. Just curious.:smiley_thinking:

ScubaToys Larry
07-27-2007, 10:24
They will get theirs. I have to go in to each file and change their group status... and I was still doing it at 4am... had to sleep! The group checkmark for Founding Member is right next to Banned... and I didn't want to click the wrong thing as I was dosing off!

I am making anyone who contributed 10 or more posts and was a member before the cross over... they will all be founding members.

We know we still have a few problems, and as soon as I slam a little more coffee, jump in the shower and get to the office - I'll post a "State of the Union" address and explain the good, the bad, and the ugly of what transpired.

Till then, all I can say to everyone is Thanks!

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 10:30
This place is the best,

Thanks Larry and all those helping you.

Only problem now is can you sort the time zone thing so I can be on when you guys are!!!

Ajuva

Foo2
07-27-2007, 12:09
Thanks so much to Tommy, ntburchf and the Scuba Toys team! You guys rock!

Foo2

CompuDude
07-27-2007, 12:51
Nice job!

Small task for your to-do list: Fix the Favicon file! ;-)

ertechsg
07-27-2007, 13:16
They will get theirs. I have to go in to each file and change their group status... and I was still doing it at 4am... had to sleep! The group checkmark for Founding Member is right next to Banned... and I didn't want to click the wrong thing as I was dosing off!

I am making anyone who contributed 10 or more posts and was a member before the cross over... they will all be founding members.

We know we still have a few problems, and as soon as I slam a little more coffee, jump in the shower and get to the office - I'll post a "State of the Union" address and explain the good, the bad, and the ugly of what transpired.

Till then, all I can say to everyone is Thanks!Coffee hell a 6 pack of red bull. NICE JOB GUYS, AGAIN

TommyB
07-27-2007, 13:26
Thanks so much to Tommy, ntburchf and the Scuba Toys team! You guys rock!

Foo2

(Tommy & ntburch) are same person:)

Thanks, and Your Welcome.

Foo2
07-27-2007, 13:36
(Tommy & ntburch) are same person:)

Thanks, and Your Welcome.

I know. I knew your name was Tommy but I didn't know if anybody else knew that so I put your name & screen name. Thanks for the notification though. ;)

Foo2

fire diver
07-27-2007, 13:58
Love the new format. No glitches for me so far. He reefhound, looks like you got all your message count back.

FD

ReefHound
07-27-2007, 14:17
Love the new format. No glitches for me so far. He reefhound, looks like you got all your message count back.

FD

The posts are gone and won't be back, the post count was changed with an admin override. Worse things have happened.

thesmoothdome
07-27-2007, 14:29
As always, nothing but class from the team at ST. BTW, I love the new title!

TommyB
07-27-2007, 14:46
The posts are gone and won't be back, the post count was changed with an admin override. Worse things have happened.

Looking into a way to get your posts back.
Problem is getting them back into sync where there are supposed to be.
Only about 30 tables that each post ID, UserID, etc sync up with.
Wish it was a simple matter of just exporting your posts, then importing your posts.
Still trying to figure out why some got lost, yet 98% made it...
Got to love Grimlins:smiley25:

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 15:05
I feel so cool having the founding member title--I think I might have to have a t-shirt made with my new title. lol
thanks again...

ReefHound
07-27-2007, 15:07
It could be something simple, or something obscure. I could think of 100 possible reasons, debugging could take days. Since the entire accounts were trashed, I'm guessing it wasn't a problem with the posts themselves.

I don't suppose the post IDs match up across forums? E.g. post #25 on the old forum is post #25 on the new forum. If so, getting the psots back in order would be easy since the appropriate gaps would exist.

If not, I think it would take custom programming. Probably would have to entirely renumber the posts in threads with inserts. Unless there is already a hack for this on a vb admin forum that has been tested, it's probably not worth the risk of corrupting the new vb database.

CompuDude
07-27-2007, 15:27
Like it!

One thing that has bugged me about VB forums (minor, admittedly) and which I liked about the old one:

Is there a way to handle nested quotes? Meaning, if you quote another post to reply, and it has a previous post quoted as well, the system drops the other quotes and you only get the newest text quoted. Is there a way to get "full" quotes (perhaps not by default, but when desired)?

Tommy
07-27-2007, 15:37
Like it!

One thing that has bugged me about VB forums (minor, admittedly) and which I liked about the old one:

Is there a way to handle nested quotes? Meaning, if you quote another post to reply, and it has a previous post quoted as well, the system drops the other quotes and you only get the newest text quoted. Is there a way to get "full" quotes (perhaps not by default, but when desired)?

Yes,
You can do nested quotes.
I think I have it set to 5 nested quotes,
but that does not limite how many you can quote-

Let me free up some other issues, and I'll explain it better :)

/// Opps posted under Tommy--

CompuDude
07-27-2007, 15:52
Thanks! Clearly, just clicking "Quote" on the post in question doesn't include the nested posts, so I'm glad to know there's a way to do it.

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 16:16
Yes,

Nice badge avatar Tommy-----I think we should call you the forum sheriff! lol
You do have the power...

TommyB
07-27-2007, 16:56
Thanks! Clearly, just clicking "Quote" on the post in question doesn't include the nested posts, so I'm glad to know there's a way to do it.

Go find ya a post with some quotes and see if the nesting working as intended now..

Yes,

Nice badge avatar Tommy-----I think we should call you the forum sheriff! lol
You do have the power...

CompuDude
07-27-2007, 17:01

Go find ya a post with some quotes and see if the nesting working as intended now..
Offhand, I'd say yes. Thanks!

TommyB
07-27-2007, 17:06

Offhand, I'd say yes. Thanks!

:) Can I check this off the "Honey-Do" list

function strip_quotes($text)
{
return $text;
$lowertext = strtolower($text);

CompuDude
07-27-2007, 18:23

Yes.

LOVE the avatar, btw. RRRrrrrawrrr.

Great collection in there. :D

ScubaToys Larry
07-27-2007, 18:43

Yes.

LOVE the avatar, btw. RRRrrrrawrrr.

Great collection in there. :D

You should have seen them before I deleted some! Yowwww... Oh that Tommy! :smiley35:

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 18:47
ntburchf--I just tried uploading a profile pic of myself and it said "it failed". I just want you to know that.
I will PM Larry later if I get no response, I just dont want to overload you guys, when this is not the most important fix needed.
STILL--The new forum kicks A$$...

TommyB
07-27-2007, 19:01
ntburchf--I just tried uploading a profile pic of myself and it said "it failed". I just want you to know that.
I will PM Larry later if I get no response, I just dont want to overload you guys, when this is not the most important fix needed.
STILL--The new forum kicks A$$...

What was the error?
It can only be X height x X width and X size.
Was working last night.
If you check the profile of user Tommy,
you'll see he has a profile pic :)

I'll test again here in a sec-

Thanks!

Works

FYI

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

I'll increase the size limit here in a sec --

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 19:26
thanks buddy--I think it was me (I dont consider myself a computer guru by any means)(lol). Thanks for checking it out.

TommyB
07-27-2007, 19:36
Fixed.
480x320 limit
example
http://forum.scubatoys.com/member.php?u=387

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 19:39
very cool---oh and--nice bass--lol