PDA

View Full Version : silly question

kingfish
01-08-2008, 04:47
Ok....I have my new Ranger...love it.....what is the go with the diamond shape things on the waist section between the cumberbund and the pockets?

Are they for attaching extra pockets?
And how would you do that? cable ties?

Thanks,
Jas.

ScottZeagle
01-08-2008, 13:34
That is really just for cosmetic purposes...as in, "it looks better than the stitching underneath showing..."

;)

kingfish
01-08-2008, 22:15
:bayer:cheers

Jas.

Puffer Fish
01-08-2008, 22:32
That is really just for cosmetic purposes...as in, "it looks better than the stitching underneath showing..."

;)
Thanks for being honest Scott, not everyone would do that.

TxScubaBear
01-10-2008, 07:08
That's why Zeagle RULES in my book!

charlesml3
01-10-2008, 12:28
Man I love a straight answer....

Long live Zeagle!

ScottZeagle
01-10-2008, 12:35
I'm actually pretty suprised by the responses to this thread...

What were you guy expecting me to say????

Man, I gotta start thinking up "to crazy to be true" answers!!!!

:D

fisheater
01-10-2008, 21:55

At least you didn't tell them the TRUTH! That they're there to attach a SharkShield and bangstick.

Puffer Fish
01-11-2008, 04:35

Yea, was expecting some (well not from you, but a marketing answer) special requirement to improve performance...

paintsnow
01-14-2008, 02:49
i attached my shears to one of them and used a sex bolt through one of the pre punched holes right above it.

so the sheath is attached right below where the flap holds and at the bottom to keep it from moving.

MLenyo
01-14-2008, 02:52
...Man, I gotta start thinking up "to crazy to be true" answers!!!!

i second this.

kingfish
01-14-2008, 03:11
I have another silly question id like to ask if i can please....well i wont learn if i dont ask:)
The strap type thing that sits over the tank valve above the tank bands on the Ranger....what is its purpose?

Is it to stop the tank from sliding forward and hitting your head if the tank bands come loose?

Thanks again,
Jas.

marchand
01-14-2008, 07:11
Its a tank locater strap. It helps make sure that the tank is in the same position every dive.

kingfish
01-14-2008, 12:46
Thanks for that:)
I had a feeling that may have been another use.

Originally i had that thing tight..... so when i slid the bcd on the tank the bcd wouldnt go any further down, but now i am having it a bit loose and have positioned the top tank band just below the curve in the tank.

Should i have it tight as i was originally, or is it more personal choice?

Jas.

marchand
01-14-2008, 19:54
completely personal preference. The tanks position that you described sounds pretty normal.

Tom A
01-14-2008, 19:57
no question is a stupid one

kingfish
01-14-2008, 21:49
Thanks for your help.:)

Jas.

marchand
01-15-2008, 07:04
Not a problem. :)

ScottZeagle
01-15-2008, 08:48
I have another silly question id like to ask if i can please....well i wont learn if i dont ask:)
The strap type thing that sits over the tank valve above the tank bands on the Ranger....what is its purpose?

Is it to stop the tank from sliding forward and hitting your head if the tank bands come loose?

Thanks again,
Jas.

That is actually an alien abduction handle. If you happen to be wearing your BC, and an alien abduction occurs, the aliens can use that to safely lift you into their vehicle.

Beware of the anal probe, though...we don't make any accessory to protect you from that - but we are working on it!

:)

Navy OnStar
01-15-2008, 09:00

Thanks again,
Jas.

That is actually an alien abduction handle. If you happen to be wearing your BC, and an alien abduction occurs, the aliens can use that to safely lift you into their vehicle.

Beware of the anal probe, though...we don't make any accessory to protect you from that - but we are working on it!

Wow, you guys think of everything!

marchand
01-15-2008, 10:57

Thanks again,
Jas.

Are you saying that I should stop using it to position my tank?

charlesml3
01-15-2008, 11:40
It looks like this:

http://www.southparkfiles.com/art/SP101.gif

fisheater
01-16-2008, 00:08
I hear that the damned alien anal probe plays havoc with your buoyancy control. We'll all be looking for the announcement of the Zeagle protective sleeve.

DiveSooner
01-16-2008, 05:18

Yep, it really is a fashion show down there. Like a lot of the forum members will tell you, it's not how yu dive, but how you look doing it! :smiley36:

From pink fins, to do-rags, you have to blend in with the environament, such as the Japanese Laughing Fish!:smiley2:

kingfish
01-16-2008, 17:50
eek!!
So you say you are working with the aliens on that one!!
I suppose its good to know you will be safely lifted into there vehicle.

Jas.

Mtrewyn
01-31-2008, 10:36
Ok....I have my new Ranger...love it.....what is the go with the diamond shape things on the waist section between the cumberbund and the pockets?

Are they for attaching extra pockets?
And how would you do that? cable ties?

Thanks,
Jas.

I used them to thred a strap through and get another attachment point.

setesh
01-31-2008, 23:59
no question is a stupid one

Oh yeah? My wife asked me this one the other day: "Honey, what flavor is purple?"

scuba pup
03-06-2008, 04:09
so here's my silly question what is the purpose of the strap on the right cumber band..?
my vest just sits over it so i guess its not to slide the clip through !!

kingfish
03-06-2008, 15:58
My clip goes through that strap.:)

Jas.