PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Southern Ontario

kancho
01-08-2008, 09:34
Wow the weather has been good but crappy for diving. Some people were out on their motorcycles.. But because of the run off. Dive sites have almost 0 vis. THis sucks..

mitchy
01-11-2008, 16:23
Where do you dive this time of year?

clayton
01-24-2008, 20:48
i go south,was in florida over christmas and going to roatan in feb

kancho
01-25-2008, 11:01

I am going to Barrie (Centennial Park) there is ice now.. So I am taking the Ice Diving course. Plus I have been to the welland canal.. The place to enter the water is like ghetto.. Humber Bay I heard people still Dive. i want to see what Kingston is like in the winter but Can't find people to dive with..

mitchy
01-26-2008, 14:13

I am going to Barrie (Centennial Park) there is ice now.. So I am taking the Ice Diving course. Plus I have been to the welland canal.. The place to enter the water is like ghetto.. Humber Bay I heard people still Dive. i want to see what Kingston is like in the winter but Can't find people to dive with..

i only have a wetsuit, or I'd go with you.

kancho
01-29-2008, 11:56

i only have a wetsuit, or I'd go with you.

When the weather is warmer if you want to go out, let me know. Also I heard there will be people doing the ice diving course in 7mm with jacket haha.. They will be using warm water prior to going into the water.

Hmm not for me..

mitchy
01-29-2008, 13:03
When the weather is warmer if you want to go out, let me know. Also I heard there will be people doing the ice diving course in 7mm with jacket haha.. They will be using warm water prior to going into the water.

Hmm not for me..[/quote]

I dove the Madison in late Sept. If you follow the line out from the shore,you come across water pipes from the filtration plant. Water coming out is very warm. I think I'd just sit by one of them.

kancho
02-06-2008, 14:21

Hmm not for me..

I dove the Madison in late Sept. If you follow the line out from the shore,you come across water pipes from the filtration plant. Water coming out is very warm. I think I'd just sit by one of them.[/quote]

The Madison, where is that

mitchy
02-07-2008, 11:47

Hmm not for me..

I dove the Madison in late Sept. If you follow the line out from the shore,you come across water pipes from the filtration plant. Water coming out is very warm. I think I'd just sit by one of them.

The Madison, where is that[/quote]

Oops. I meant the JC Morrison in Barrie. The Madison is a great pub in Toronto!