PDA

View Full Version : Divers-Supply.com

Lloyd De Jongh
01-08-2008, 23:22
Hi

I was hoping to place my 1st ST order yesterday, since for once I get the feeling I'm dealing with REAL people who actually care about the customer.

I wanted to buy the Aeris Atmos XT BCD specifically, but ST didn't have my size. Divers-Supply did, but I couldn't get them to respond to my emails at all. I wanted the item and they were the only source I could find, so I placed the order, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth and I know I will never buy from them again.

There were some other items I would have added to the package, but I decided I'd take my cash elsewhere. I got no response from them re a discount coupon code, I got nothing back re their offer to beat a price if listed elsewhere, nothing regarding the product or any of my other queries, just zero customer service at all.

I just needed to vent. Would be great to visit the ST store sometime ;)

DollFin
01-08-2008, 23:24
I'm guessing ST could order your size and drop-ship it to you if it was something they didn't regularly stock.

Lloyd De Jongh
01-08-2008, 23:48
I'm guessing ST could order your size and drop-ship it to you if it was something they didn't regularly stock.

Hey DollFin

The BCD has been discontinued by Aeris, so it's out of stock in most places, and those that do only have size Small. ST only had the Small ;)

I'll be telling more people about ST, at least I know it's cash WELL spent with Joe and Larry. Their customer service is second to nobody in my (limited) experience

abcitydiver
01-09-2008, 01:40
LLoyd, I'm sorry you had a bad feeling from Divers Supply, and I'll tell you flat out that my dealing with ST has been great for the most part!
But ive done alot of business with DS...and my experiences have been pretty great as well. If you enter the DS20 code at check out, and your total order is over $150, then the 20% discount is applied across the board to your total order...hope that answers some questions.
Though my experience of them has been great in the past, this last week they seem a bit short handed...as I too have not had the normal level of response from their sales folks.
But hey, as has been pointed out, we have an AMAZING team here with ST, and even through the holiday insanity they managed to rise above and service all of us..woohoo for ST!

Lloyd De Jongh
01-09-2008, 04:23
LLoyd, I'm sorry you had a bad feeling from Divers Supply, and I'll tell you flat out that my dealing with ST has been great for the most part!

If you enter the DS20 code at check out, and your total order is over $150, then the 20% discount is applied across the board to your total order...hope that answers some questions.

But hey, as has been pointed out, we have an AMAZING team here with ST,

I don't expect a miracle, but is a reply to an email or 4 too much to ask? It was a case of me wanting to SPEND MONEY with them.

I bought for $299.95, and I don't recall them getting back to me re the discount... They clearly need the 20% more than I do, so they can keep it. I'll keep my business from going to them and we're all happy.

Lone Frogman
01-09-2008, 05:41
I don't understand why people don't answer their email in a timely manner or not at all. If they don't, its their loss not mine. I almost always find a deal just as good somewhere else. I guess some bussiness are to busy to take our money. Wish my company had that problem.

3rdEye
01-10-2008, 14:19
divers-supply is the absolute worst...one of the first dive shops i ever ordered from....I recieved about half my actual order initially, abd it took 3 emails, and 3 more packagestill i finally got everything....ridiculous

Lloyd De Jongh
01-10-2008, 23:55
divers-supply is the absolute worst...one of the first dive shops i ever ordered from....I recieved about half my actual order initially, abd it took 3 emails, and 3 more packagestill i finally got everything....ridiculous

I knew there'd be other horror stories out there. Mine isn't a horror story as such, just it is unprofessional to have no customer contact while they take people's money. I was wondering if I was going to even get my BC. To their credit, it shipped the same day. I'll stcik to ST and LP, in this case I would have gone with ST except for not having the stock.

Mycroft
01-15-2008, 12:25
The only times I ever dealt with Divers Supply, I either walked into one of their stores or called the most local shop on the phone. And while I bought some stuff from them, it was never the critical stuff.

Gombessa
01-15-2008, 13:15
Strangely, I feel the level of customer support at the online shops I've seen tends to be equal to or better than that of a lot of LDS...sure there are good and bad examples both ways, but ST is a class act in every sense of the phrase.

dannybot
01-15-2008, 15:31
I had a good experience with DS, they were running a "make me an offer" sale, and the prices I oofered were so ridiculous, that I couldn't bring myself to ask ST to match. They left out the warranty card for my reg, but went I notified them, they fed-exed me one.

I have had great experiences with ST, have nothing bad at all to say about either.

mona
01-25-2008, 16:56
I don't think it is too much to expect an answer to your emails. In my limited experience I can tell you that those who have responded have made a positive impression and when I'm ready to make a purchase I will have no problem calling them up (eg: Scubatoys).
I'm quickly learning that the dive community is generally very friendly and helpful. Those who are really into it for the fun and love of it have no problem answering questions and helping out; they know if you don't end up buying from them at that moment, that by helping you out and not passing any judgement that in the long run you might end up being a customer.
Those who failed to respond have left me wondering if they even really cared and I wonder about the customer service I might get if any.

Gombessa
01-25-2008, 17:00
Those who failed to respond have left me wondering if they even really cared and I wonder about the customer service I might get if any.

Totally. Non-responsive shops really top my pet peeves. Amazingly, the online retailers I've talked to are far and away MUCH better than my local shops about getting back to me in a timely and helpful manner. Two big standouts for me are ST of course, and Dive Right in Scuba.

scuba007
01-25-2008, 21:20
Never have any problem with ST. Everytime I email them and request for information, I always receive a prompt reply from them (almost immediately). Their shipping is super fast too. See my threat under Jobs Well Done entitled "I cannot believe it-Well Done"

divinginn
01-26-2008, 16:11
Divers supply has always been good to me but they are local so i just drive to one of the stores to buy things,but i have always had a positive experience there,with helpful sales people that dive also and know their stuff.

scubasamurai
01-26-2008, 18:44
st has been great, but i never had a problem with either dive shop helping me or getting what i needed. infact one dive shop ordered spring straps for me and call me in to the shop, turned out wrong size. she reordered and next two days i had them. if i see something at st on sale or a good deal i get it, but i make sure it is the right size etc etc

gbrdiver
01-29-2008, 22:37
I've got used to some non-diver replying to my specific email requests about dive-gear poorly advertised on websites. I have bought from ST in the past with no problems - the website was specific and I knew what I wanted. I got a real surprise recently though...I took ST up on their promise to offer the best price even in circumstances when they were obliged by the manufacturer not to advertise it. My reply was quick, with the information I needed and with a great price, moreover it was from Joe himself. Doesn't get much better than that IMHO.