PDA

View Full Version : Best way to secure camera

thor
01-09-2008, 08:15
I just bought an Ikelite housing (thanks ST) and I am trying to figure out the best way to attach the coil/lanyard clip to the housing. Is it better to slip the lanyard around the bottom, around the handle or is there another more creative way of doing this.

Puffer Fish
01-09-2008, 09:32
I just bought an Ikelite housing (thanks ST) and I am trying to figure out the best way to attach the coil/lanyard clip to the housing. Is it better to slip the lanyard around the bottom, around the handle or is there another more creative way of doing this.
If you are using a tray.. then attach to the tray... using the camera by itself, there is almost always some attachment point for a lanyard or use a handle.

I use a locking retractable one (from st's), and usually clip to my shoulder d-ring on my bp/w. Unlock when using, lock when not.

My setup floats, so it tends to stay out of the way when not being used, but some sink, and in that case, the point of attachment might be different.

cyclone3565
01-09-2008, 09:39
Hi There,

I use a rather large setup with my Nikonos V and Wide Angle Lens, as well as a long strobe arm with a 300 Watt strobe. I have found that the coiled lanyards from ST work great. There are very strong and once I am out of film I can tuck the coil under my right arm. Works great. I have always been leary of the retractable ones, due to the negative weight on my system.

cyclone3565
01-09-2008, 09:40
forgot to mention,

I just look my coil through one of the holes in my plate. Sorry about that.