PDA

View Full Version : Where did my posts go?

ReefHound
07-26-2007, 22:39
OK, what happened? I had about 185 posts and now it says I have 0, and I noticed the previous threads have a lot of posts missing. :mad:

My private messages are all gone, too.

Illini_Fan
07-26-2007, 22:43
Interesting -- when I look at the forum home page it shows you as the site's newest member. Did you register again?

I wonder if Larry will want his $10 coupon back :)

TommyB
07-26-2007, 22:53
OK, what happened? I had about 185 posts and now it says I have 0, and I noticed the previous threads have a lot of posts missing. :mad:

My private messages are all gone, too.

So far only 2 member did not make the transfer over and post are losts.
We'll fix the post count though, but the posts may be gone.

Rascal1933
07-26-2007, 23:14
Hey reefhound,
Probally not very funny to you right now,I am sure that they will get all the bugs worked out.

It will all be good again soon.

Oh by the way....Larry gave me your 184 other posts!

ReefHound
07-26-2007, 23:53
Going from member #9 to #386 is annoying enough, hard to believe 385 people signed on in the 2 hours I was offline. I had to re-register. I tried to just resend password but the system had no record of me. I wasn't listed in the Member list. My posts weren't there.

Not sure how a script to pull 10,000 posts over and preserve all of them except *every post* of 2 members could happen unless there was an exclude filter set. Or why a script couldn't be run again. Just query the old database.

Give the $10 voucher back? I was thinking more like I get to earn another one.

I'm sick to my stomach. I don't what to feel right now. Back to Scubaboard.

TommyB
07-27-2007, 00:06
Going from member #9 to #386 is annoying enough, hard to believe 385 people signed on in the 2 hours I was offline. I had to re-register. I tried to just resend password but the system had no record of me. I wasn't listed in the Member list. My posts weren't there.

Not sure how a script to pull 10,000 posts over and preserve all of them except *every post* of 2 members could happen unless there was an exclude filter set. Or why a script couldn't be run again. Just query the old database.

Give the $10 voucher back? I was thinking more like I get to earn another one.

I'm sick to my stomach. I don't what to feel right now. Back to Scubaboard.

No exclude fiters on it.
There may be a few more lost posts, we imported what we could.
Import was my a MsSql (Microsoft) to MySql database.

(maybe Larry will bring up the other board and let ya copy and past any important posts, topics, etc into this one) ..

ReefHound
07-27-2007, 00:45
No exclude fiters on it.
There may be a few more lost posts, we imported what we could.
Import was my a MsSql (Microsoft) to MySql database.

(maybe Larry will bring up the other board and let ya copy and past any important posts, topics, etc into this one) ..

Every single post by one user. What was the query command? I am a programmer.

TommyB
07-27-2007, 01:07
Every single post by one user. What was the query command? I am a programmer.

No Clue---
Import feature of VB.. impex app from VB to import webwis
once webwis was converted from Micosoft's database to Mysql.
:anim_beer:

ReefHound
07-27-2007, 01:28
No Clue---
Import feature of VB.. impex app from VB to import webwis
once webwis was converted from Micosoft's database to Mysql.
:anim_beer:

You should be able to tell if they were lost in the conversion of webwis to MySQL, or the import of MySQL into vb.