PDA

View Full Version : Coming to San Antonio

skdvr
01-09-2008, 12:46
I am going to be down in San Antonio in March for work and I think that I will have one day off during the week. Is there anywhere decently close to go and get in the water? I am not 100% sure if I will be able to bring my gear or not. We are driving but we may be packed to the gills with work equipment. Just trying to get an idea if it would be worth it to try to bring my gear.

Thanks
Phil

Foo2
01-09-2008, 12:59
Just North of San Antonio is a small town called New Braunfels. That's where the Comal River is. It's a fun dive with lots of fish. Clear water...about 20-25ft vis when I was there. It's also spring fed so it is always 71-72F. The deepest point of the river is on like 14ft and there were some parts that were only like 4ft. Altogether a fun place to go.

Kingpatzer
01-09-2008, 13:02
It's been a few years since I was there, and I have no idea if any of these are still possible or any good, but: I recall diving just north of town at Canyon Lake, Boerne Lake and Medina Lake to the west, and to the south Calveras Lake might have diving. I've heard of folks doing drift dives down the Comel river as well.

Corpus is only a few hours drive away, and there might be some diving down there in the gulf. I have no idea how far out you'd have to get for it to be any good.

skdvr
01-09-2008, 15:35
Thanks for the info...

I appreciate it...

Phil