PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Springs - This Friday Jan 11th

NitroWill
01-09-2008, 20:09
Hey Guys,
I am going to be at Alexander Springs this Friday for some scuba and freediving. Going to be playing with my new rig and my uw camera - anyone is welcome to join! If we get a couple people we can grill out there. Only $5 to dive there! Post here if youa re interested..

BSea
01-09-2008, 21:04
All the gators are gone - they removed them awhile ago.I was there last spring, and 1 was spotted, but I didn't see it.

And it wasn't a baby. It was :smiley31: big. But it left as soon as divers came over to the spring. I think it only likes blue flowered things.

NitroWill
01-09-2008, 21:05
All the gators are gone - they removed them awhile ago.I was there last spring, and 1 was spotted, but I didn't see it.

And it wasn't a baby. It was :smiley31: big. But it left as soon as divers came over to the spring. I think it only likes blue flowered things.

Yea, that was supposedily the last time - Ive been up there probably 50x and I havent seen a gator once..

blue37
01-09-2008, 21:14
Trying to plan a spring dive next weekend... any decent places to stay around alexander? Noticed two parks...

NitroWill
01-09-2008, 21:15
Trying to plan a spring dive next weekend... any decent places to stay around alexander? Noticed two parks...

Ive never stayed near there as its only 60 miles from here - but I am sure there are plenty of places to stay within 15minutes of the area. It is in the Ocala National Forest so might have to get out of it to find some place to stay.

UCFKnightDiver
01-09-2008, 21:19
blue 37 you can camp in the park it is a state park and it is nice, but i reccommend you make a reservation soon (camping as in bring your tent no cabins i dont believe) dont know if I would just do alexander though is nice to do once or twice in awhile but not to get a hotel if that were the case id be diving the ocean!!!! also alexander murkey lmao its some of the clearest water I have seen its only when newbs come and silt it up, and then its still pretty good its a nice little spring to do!

NitroWill
01-10-2008, 14:05
Noones up for a day of cheap diving and grilling?? :smiley13:

jwdizney
01-10-2008, 16:02
sounds fun Will, just a bit of a long drive from here! :smiley5:

NitroWill
01-10-2008, 16:15
sounds fun Will, just a bit of a long drive from here! :smiley5:

Only a 3 hour flight :smiley20:

Puffer Fish
01-10-2008, 16:35

I was there when they had an "issue" with it... this after everyone was warned to stay away from it... I sort of like the idea of having them around.... but they don't seem to play well with people in the spring (time of the year, not the location)

teog
01-10-2008, 17:13
what time you heading up will?

NitroWill
01-10-2008, 17:55
what time you heading up will?

Im going to be when they open (8 or 9am - i forget) and will be up there til probably 4 at the latest..

you coming?

NitroWill
01-10-2008, 19:38
Bout to crash! If anyone wants to come - just post here - Ill check in the morning - probably wont be a busy day there tomorrow so should be nice and empty - great day to dive!

NitroWill
01-11-2008, 04:44
Off for a day of diving! :smiley20: