PDA

View Full Version : Sea & Sea Mini?

easyrider003
01-10-2008, 15:38
I am about 95% sure that I will be headed to Cozumel this may. I would like to purchase an underwater camera for the trip and was wondering if you could tell me if the sea and sea camera is removable from the waterproof housing. I was looking at one of the sea and sea cameras and one was removable and the other wasn't. Not sure which one is. Removability is not something that I have got to have but would like to have it if there is not much difference in the price. Would you recommend me going with a different brand camera? Just looking for a good quality camera that is not EXTREMELY expensive and the sea and sea mini seemed to fall into that category. Thanks for you help

Puffer Fish
01-10-2008, 16:14
Both a bunch of Canon's and the fuji F50 are reasonably prices, excellent cameras, with low cost housings available for them. But a good strobe to go with them is pricey (but an ok strobe is not anywhere near the cost).

The mini is a camera that is the case... it is not that bad actually... not to the quality or controls of a F50 or the Canons, but costs less (when you include the case the regular camera's would need)

fisheater
01-10-2008, 21:50
Yes. The Sea&Sea point and shoots can be taken out of the housing and used topside.

Puffer Fish
01-11-2008, 04:25
Yes. The Sea&Sea point and shoots can be taken out of the housing and used topside.

The Mini is not in a housing.

azdiver
01-17-2008, 18:42
I don't know ehat the sea & sea mini is but I use their 8000G which is a re-branded ricoh. I can shoot on 3 boat dives a day before changing the battery and have been very happy with the results both underwater and on land.

CaptainRon
01-17-2008, 21:48
Are you talking about the Sealife Mini? If so, I just got back from Cozumel and tried out my new one I got for Christmas. I really like it. Here are a few pictures.

easyrider003
01-18-2008, 08:46
Yeah, I meant the sealife mini, but I decided to go with the Canon a570is and housing. The camera should be here today but not sure about the housing. Those are great pics capt. ron

NitroWill
01-18-2008, 09:00
Good choice! Enjoy the camera and just play around with it and get to know it! You should be very happy with the camera!