PDA

View Full Version : My Diary of Scuba.com

snagel
01-10-2008, 18:09
For Christmas, I received a gift certificate for scuba.com (apparently, my brother didn't hear it correctly when my wife told him scubatoys.com). Anyway, I got it and placed an order with them - my first (and probably last). Here is the sequence of events, so far. I'll let you make up your mind if you want to be their customer. Maybe, this will make you appreciate Joe and Larry a little more. (No I'm not kissing up, scubatoys has provided me (the customer) with great service. The following is the service you get from the others:

12/24 - Ordered online - XS Scuba SMB & Trident Reel (took an hour because they don't have a very good way to redeem gift certificates and you also have sign up as a member before you buy something)

1/2 (A week later, get an email saying they are holding the reel and will ship it with the SMB that has been back ordered. New shipment date is 1/21/08.

1/9 Send them an email asking if the delivery date can be moved up due to a dive on the 19th. Asked if they could offer a "comparable" alternative to the SMB I ordered that they have in stock.

1/9 Very surpised to get a response so quickly. No they can't move shipment up, but suggest as an alternative the Akona SMB. (Do these guys not know what "comparable" means. The Akona SMB is a cheap $20 SMB. Nothing near what I had ordered in the first place)

I'll keep you posted.......

S. Nagel

skdvr
01-10-2008, 19:09
:003: I am not sure if I ever mentioned it on here or on scubaboard but I HATE THEM

SCUBA.COM :anim_50cal:

snagel
01-15-2008, 17:31
1/15......Still Waiting.

S. Nagel

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
01-15-2008, 22:39
:smilie40:

snagel
01-21-2008, 16:54
1/21/08 - The items were scheduled to ship today. But, I got an email from them saying that they would not ship now unitl 1/28/08.

How do these guy's stay in business. Hope I get my order by spring.

S. Nagel

mike_s
01-21-2008, 17:14
1/21/08 - The items were scheduled to ship today. But, I got an email from them saying that they would not ship now unitl 1/28/08.

How do these guy's stay in business.

It's simple. They already have your money. They have no reason to bust-ass to get it to you quicker.

The ironic thing is that they run a website that they report on all the other shops that violate the manufacturer MSRP. Then they violate it themself. go figure.

snagel
01-22-2008, 15:12
1/20/08 - Placed an order with scubatoys (using my $50 gift certificate for posting). Scheduled to arrive on 1/23/08. (See it can be done)

S. Nagel

fisheater
01-22-2008, 23:37
1/20/08 - Placed an order with scubatoys (using my $50 gift certificate for posting). Scheduled to arrive on 1/23/08. (See it can be done)

S. Nagel

OOH. OOH. OOH.

What are you going to get?

snagel
01-23-2008, 18:11
1/23/08
Got my order from ScubaToys. It took a mear 3 days....still waiting on scuba.com. Tomorrow will be 1 month since I placed the order with them.

My ScubaToys order - picked up a few odd and ends - Zipper wax for new drysuit, a hanger for new drysuit, a couple weight pockets (need due to new drysuit), and a slate (to fill out the $50).

Thanks ScubaToys.....The only thing better than new dive gear equipment is free new dive gear equipment.

S. Nagel

mike_s
01-23-2008, 23:00
hmmm.... scuba.com reads these posts. Yet they've remained silent on this one.... go figure.

awap
01-24-2008, 08:55
hmmm.... scuba.com reads these posts. Yet they've remained silent on this one.... go figure.

I think they are still trying to get the taste of shoeleather out of their mouth from jumping in over on scubaboard.

snagel
01-24-2008, 18:20
January 24th.....Wish me a happy anniversary!!!!! I placed my order with scuba.com one month ago today.....Still nothing.

Maybe those at scuba.com are watching this post; therefore, I'm not getting my order. Atleast that would be a "reason" for it taking so freakin' long. Enjoy it while you can....you will never see another penny from me again. I've already unsubcribed from your newsletter that I had to sign up for to do business with you.

If you haven't noticed, you're staring to pi@@ me off. This is reduculous. Did you hear me....1 month ago I placed an order with you scuba.com and not so much as an email or phone call to say, hey we're sorry. I just get a computer generated email every time you miss the ship date again.

Hey Larry, I've got another money maker for you....why don't you start a class (could even be a PADI specialty) on how to treat customers. There's some people over at SCUBA.COM that could use the course.

S. Nagel

frankc420
01-24-2008, 19:40
Pick up the phone and call them.

snagel
01-25-2008, 20:08
1/25....just got an email saying my order shipped. Can't check the tracking yet, but apparently it's on the way.

S. Nagel

mike_s
01-25-2008, 22:37

I think they are still trying to get the taste of shoeleather out of their mouth from jumping in over on scubaboard.

they got their ass handed to them at The Deco Stop also. They aren't an advertiser at that site and post against them weren't deleted.

I can't say I've ever experienced these problems with them since I've never ordered anything from them, but from the horror stories I've read about them, I don't think any money saved by ordering from them is worth the frustration. Especially when other shops that have customer service will match their price.

Super-Duper Scubasteve
01-27-2008, 16:02
Wow! This is a little tragic, I'm definantly scared out of ordering from Scuba.com when scubatoys is twice as good.

snagel
02-01-2008, 20:42
1/31/08

Drum Roll, please.................The package arrived.

Enough Said,

S. Nagel

Dive4Fun
02-05-2008, 11:27
Wow glad you got your package, and thanks for the info on the company. Now I know who not to due business with. I have NO patience for some things. I would've cancelled my order long before hand.

RoyN
02-06-2008, 23:40
Just recently cancelled an order from them. No problem with them as the guy cancelled it right away. I think its because Greenforce have bought out Manta which is why I can't seem to be getting anything in at all...

snagel
02-07-2008, 05:18
Really didn't have the option of cancelling the order. The reason I bought from them in the first place was because I had a gift certificate from them. If I was spending my own money, hell ya, I would have cancelled the order. The gift certificate was only good with them and I figured if I cancelled, it would only start the whole process over again.

Obviously, I won't be ordering from them again.

S. Nagel

fire diver
02-08-2008, 12:12
I ordered my first scuba gear through Scuba.com and had quick shipment, a great phone conversation with the order-taker, and was very happy with my products I received.

But I still won't ever order from them again. I have heard too many horror stories related to them.

Besides, Larry and Joe are so awesome I look forward to ordering from them. I get my orders THEN NEXT DAY! I have never seen shipments so fast anywhere else. That's just regular shippong too. If I place my order before the UPS guy comes, I'll have it on my door in a day and a half at max. Even overseas orders arrive faster than most companies in CONUS.

Plus, with the way they stand behind their products, why would you go anywhere else?

FD

MicahEW
02-08-2008, 12:22
I had as friend of mine order a mask from them he said that they never shipped and it took him 8 wks to get his money back.

BoomerNJ
02-08-2008, 12:55
I ordered once from them, a product only they had, at a ridiculously low price. It was an undergarment for my drysuit. I got those emails for 2 or three weeks, then one finally saying it was shipping. I was unable to use the item I ordered my last dive of last season, but it was not an emergency to get it, I used layers of under armor & fleece to get by. It would have been nice to have it though. I will not say I will never order from them again, but if I can get it through ST, I will always go there first. Especially if I need it ASAP...

Byte Me
02-08-2008, 13:58
I reward good experiences w/ loyalty. Scubatoys has been awesome first w/ my non-diving family picking up Christmas gifts for me and then spending over an hour with me talking regulators and computers. As long as they have the item they get my business. Hell, even if they don't have it I'd get something similar from them rather than go elsewhere.