PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle N2ition - comments?

Gombessa
01-10-2008, 21:37
Anyone use the Zeagle/Nitek/Tusa? What is the general feeling around these Seiko computers?

teknitroxdiver
01-11-2008, 09:49
They're one of the most popular computers in both recreational, and more so, in technical diving. Everyone seems to like them. Search for info on the Nitek Duo, and you'll likely get all the info you need.

Gombessa
01-11-2008, 19:13
Nice. I assume they work reliably in gauge mode, right?

fireflock
01-22-2008, 11:43
This is a computer I'm looking at, but I'm a little hesitant about all the problems in the past with similar models (clones). I've heard that those problems are fixed and in the past, but every so often I see another failure report.

Can anyone who talks to the manufacturers and/or distributors give me the inside scoop? I can't imagine that Zeagle didn't take a close look at that string of failures before deciding to carry this computer.

Rich

ScottZeagle
01-22-2008, 11:52
We were assured that all the bugs had been taken care of with this series of computers. I am quite sure that there will be minor issues from time to time, just like with any product, but overall we feel confident about this computer.

Thanks,

Scott

fireflock
01-22-2008, 12:31
Thanks. I didn't make sense that you would put your name (or your 2 year warranty) on something that you're not confident in. I bet those were some....interesting....conversations with Seiko :smiley36:

Kudos on the wrist mount as well.

I know I'm probably just whistling in the wind, but Mac download support would seal the deal for me.

Thanks again-

Rich

ScottZeagle
01-22-2008, 13:47
I know I'm probably just whistling in the wind, but Mac download support would seal the deal for me.

Yeah...um...good luck with that!!! On the bright side, all these computers use basically that same software, so if one company comes out with it you can use it across the board.

:)

fireflock
01-22-2008, 14:36
I figured. I know you're saving Mac support for the brand new wiz-bang next generation Zeagle computer :smiley2:

ScottZeagle
01-22-2008, 14:49
I figured. I know you're saving Mac support for the brand new wiz-bang next generation Zeagle computer :smiley2:

Maybe Steve Jobs will call and we can work on it...

We'll call it the iZeagle!!

:D

thmoose51
02-06-2008, 08:59
I have been diving the Tusa version for about two years and I am very happy with it.

fire diver
02-06-2008, 13:07
WOW! I go away for a couple months and Scott intruces another great product.

I purchased the Nitek DUO from ST last year and have been very happy with it. I don't understand DR's one year warranty on a computer that is identical and comes with a 2 year warranty from a different reseller.

If I have probs with it when I get back in the water in '09, I'll be getting a Zeagle flavor of the same computer. Very simple, easy to read and manipulate in the water.

FD

NitroWill
02-06-2008, 13:09
I purchased the Nitek DUO from ST last year and have been very happy with it. I don't understand DR's one year warranty on a computer that is identical and comes with a 2 year warranty from a different reseller.

Not to mention a lower price too..