PDA

View Full Version : User reviews on Aeris A1 console?

BORG
01-10-2008, 22:42
I was considering getting an Aeris A1 console with the Q/D as my first computer. How has it been for those of you that have one.

THANKS!

Zenagirl
01-11-2008, 17:11
I bought the Aeris AI as my first computer after getting certified, and nearly 4 years later it is still performing flawlessly and I continue to love it. As a matter of fact, my only "complaint" is that it's such a great little computer that I haven't had an excuse to go hoseless!! ;)

Were I to do it again knowing what I know now, it would be a tough choice for me between an Aeris AI and a hoseless AI computer.

BORG
01-12-2008, 07:06
Thanks! I like the large numbers on the display that would be easier to read for my eyes. I think that's what I'll get in a month or so.

Zenagirl
01-12-2008, 07:42
Yeah, the large numbers are great, which is also what is keeping me from switching out right now. I like being able to glance at the display and instantly know what it says instead of having to "look" at smaller numbers and have to pay more attention.

If you want even bigger numbers, look at the Oceanic Datamax Pro+2. Bigger console and bigger numbers, but same basic guts as the Aeris AI. My husband has had his Pro+2 for as long as I've had my Aeris AI and is as happy with it as I am with mine.

One interesting difference in the computers though is that the Oceanic has an Air Time Remaining feature and the Aeris AI does not (not that I've ever missed having it). Also my computer reads 2 feet deeper than his, which is always good for a laugh for us, but I'm sure that's just a quirk of our specific computers. They still run the same algorithym which we like since we're dive buddies.

BORG
01-12-2008, 13:21
Is your Aeris A1 pretty good to alert your for turnarounds on a dive and when you tank reaches a certain PSI and it's time to plan your ascent?

Zenagirl
01-12-2008, 17:30
Is your Aeris A1 pretty good to alert your for turnarounds on a dive and when you tank reaches a certain PSI and it's time to plan your ascent?

Absolutely! It has the "dive time remaining (DTR)" feature which tells you how much time you have before you either run out of NDL or air, whichever is closer. You can set the computer to alarm at a certain time or psi for turn around, you can set it to alert you when you reach a certain DTR time...it's very user friendly and has everything you need to plan and execute your dive safely.

BORG
01-12-2008, 19:43
That's great!
I am also Zeagle BC fan. I dove a Zeagle Ranger in a local dive store's pool a few years back and fell in love with it. I got a deal on one, a Zeagle Ranger LTD, last fall and can't wait to get out to my local lake to try it out. As soon as I get drysuit certified. I shake when I think of the cold water this time of year without the protection of a drysuit.
Thanks for the info. on the Aeris A1. I know I will love using while I'm diving. That will be one of my next investments.