PDA

View Full Version : xr1nx/ xr2

c.edmiston
01-10-2008, 23:36
These computers seem very similar. Is the xr2 worth the extra $$$? What are your thoughts on these?

mitsuguy
01-11-2008, 00:06
These computers seem very similar. Is the xr2 worth the extra $$$? What are your thoughts on these?

xr2 gets you computer downloading...

look into the Veo 180 and Veo 250 as well

drifter136
01-11-2008, 04:37
I'm not sure if you have already been to Aeris' website, but they have a comparison chart. I don't have experience with either, so I can't give my opinion on if the XR2 is worth the $$$ over the XR1nx. If you go to this link: DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Computers - XR-1 Nx (http://www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_xr1nx_compare.html) and click on the chart link, it will open a .pdf file. Conveniently, the XR2 and XR1nx happen to be side-by-side making it easier to go right down the list. The XR2 does seem to get a fair number of new features.

mitsuguy
01-11-2008, 09:17
I'm not sure if you have already been to Aeris' website, but they have a comparison chart. I don't have experience with either, so I can't give my opinion on if the XR2 is worth the $$$ over the XR1nx. If you go to this link: DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Computers - XR-1 Nx (http://www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_xr1nx_compare.html) and click on the chart link, it will open a .pdf file. Conveniently, the XR2 and XR1nx happen to be side-by-side making it easier to go right down the list. The XR2 does seem to get a fair number of new features.

You think it's a typo? It says XR1 - air & gauge, then XR1 Nx air & gauge, then XR2 air, gauge, nitrox....

I thought the point of the XR1 nx was to add nitrox capability to the standard xr1...

Also, looking at it, it appears the Xr1 nx has less features than I thought... if you are looking into that computer, I highly recommend comparing against the Veo180 - it has a backlight, and computer downloadable, and is essentially the same otherwise....

drifter136
01-11-2008, 11:43
mitsuguy: Yeah, I caught that too the first time I looked at the chart. I think it is a typo. If you go on down the list it does say that the XR1nx can do both air and a nitrox mix of between 21-50%, just like the XR2. The plain XR1 gets an N/A for that catagory, since it can only do air.