PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Cressi-Sub?

FOUNDATIONER
01-11-2008, 17:59
Hey guys, just curious. How come no more Cressi gear?
They have some pretty good stuff:smiley20:

Aussie
01-12-2008, 05:14
Hey guys, just curious. How come no more Cressi gear?
They have some pretty good stuff:smiley20:

We have it over here. Some nice gear too. especially the spearing gear.

Aussie

fisheater
01-12-2008, 11:51
I use Cressi mask (Big Eyes), snorkel (America) and fins (Rondine A). Don't see them many places outside of the spearo-oriented LDSs.

Lloyd De Jongh
01-12-2008, 13:42
Cressi is popular here in Dubai/UAE, and in South Africa.

I have one of their gear bags, folds up into half the size of a reg bag, unfolds to a backpack big enough to carry full kit.

I also have the Archimede 3 gauge console. They make good gear.

On the down side, the new Delta III snorkle didn't fit my diving mask well, though it fitted my snorkeling goggles just fine. It tugs mymouth way too much, gave it to someone else.

LaCroix42
01-30-2008, 09:53
I was curious about that too. I was looking at getting a Cressi setup froom a friend who works at a not-very-LDS (to me, anyway) and have talked to four shops in the Dallas area (ST included) about servicing it, none of them will. Anybody know a good shop in this area that will? My backup plan is to get an Oceanic GT3 reg and octo and, something else, for the BCD.

Buhler? Buhler?

beperkins
10-16-2008, 11:11
Does anyone know if ST will service a Cressi Reg?

ScubaToys Larry
10-16-2008, 11:43
Cressi probably had about the worst customer service of anyone out there. They had that flight control wire knock off of the mares air trim system, and they had a recall on it because the wires were breaking. We had a customer who had one that broke after 2 weeks and 5 dives - and they refused to replace it or refund it - saying they had to fix it - but he was leaving on his trip to Australia in 7 days. We paid to over night it to them. The day before his trip - we gave him his money back and he bought a zeagle. We got the BC back from Cressi in only 3 1/2 months... yes months... not days or even weeks.

And when I went to talk to them about it, their attitude was "Well if you don't like it - don't carry our gear." So we don't.

I can't support the customers the way I want unless I have vendors who also care about the customer experience - so you will see a lot of Zeagle, Oceanic, Tusa - lots of other brands on our site - but no longer Cressi.

Maybe one day they'll assure me things have changed, then we'll reconsider carrying the line again.

fisheater
10-16-2008, 14:04
Thanks for the explanation, Larry.

rawalker
10-16-2008, 15:03
I use a Cressi Focus mask it's nothing special just a good value at the time I bought it.
When I last went regulator shopping I was interested in their's but realized the warranty was only 1 year compared to 2 for many others so I eliminated them from my list.
My LDS carries them and the price to feature set makes them a good value but I don't like manufacturers that lag behind the competition on warranty or customer service so I would only consider them for items less likely to need support.

tndiverdude
10-23-2008, 14:56
Ok so that answers allot.
I wont be buying cressi if they ahve typ eof attitude.

Any information on MARES gear customer service?

ScubaToys Larry
10-23-2008, 18:13
Ok so that answers allot.
I wont be buying cressi if they ahve typ eof attitude.

Any information on MARES gear customer service?

You will find any product that we carry, we basically have carte blanche control to satisfy the customer. If we don't get that support from the manufacturer - we won't carry their line - but Mares is a line we carry a lot of items from and if any Mares item gives you a problem - I personally guarantee that it will be corrected. Phil (president of Mares) is a good guy, and I have direct contact with him if I ever have an issue, and he has yet to let me down - whether it was a huge deal - or small insignificant one. We will stand behind you, and they will stand behind us.

fisheater
10-23-2008, 22:24
Now, THAT'S an endorsement!!

scubastud
10-24-2008, 04:48
Larry that did it!
I own a small contracting company and I have the same attitude. I have fired vendors for that very reason, support and service. I am your customer now and will be looking to Scubatoys first for my diving needs.