PDA

View Full Version : San Juan, PR Dive ops

Fideaux
07-27-2007, 08:55
Does anyone have any information on a dive operator in San Juan. I have a work trip planned with some extra time built in for some unknown reason.

Thanks,
Bruce

jawfish
08-04-2007, 09:03
There are some good ops there. The best places to go diving are on the opposite end of the island from San Juan, in Fajardo. You will need to drive about 1.5 hours to get there but what a fantastic drive, especially if you go through the mountains!

Worth the time to do it though!!

namabiru
08-06-2007, 15:17
Don't mean to hijack, but how are diving prices in PR? I just saw I can fly to San Juan for roughly $450 round-trip, and am looking for an inexpensive dive holiday.

ScaredSilly
08-10-2007, 15:05
Just remember the San Juan airport is notorious for thefts - plan accordingly.

Fideaux
08-14-2007, 16:52
Thanks for the theft info, I now know what I have to carry on the plane.

Bruce

bks
08-17-2007, 21:19
We have dove on the west and the southwest coast. Our favorite is Paguera divers in La Paguera. The drive from San Juan is about 3 hours, but the roads are very good. The dive operator is great. The southwwest corner is all wall diving at about 70' and deeper. Angel the owner is great to deal with. The town is small and has a small island feel which is nothing like the crime ridden San Juan.

SHAGGY
08-18-2007, 21:03
Yeah,...... If Hurricane Dean really tears up cozumel in a few days like all the experts are predicting,....... me and my brother are thinking of going to Puerto Rico instead. I remember all too well that it was over 6 - 8 months before Cozumel was allowing people to come in after Wilma hit in 05,.... and its only now back to about 80% of pre Wilma. So,.... say a prayer to those people over there they have really been through alot in the last couple of years and have worked hard to get things back to normal.