PDA

View Full Version : Bonne Terre Mine

maverick
01-13-2008, 19:20
I would like 2 find a group going 2 Bonne Terre Mine so I can tag along? Any goers?

Soonerwink
01-13-2008, 20:08
Hey Maverick, check out the Tulsa Aquanauts. I saw a post on the message board from the group going to Tenkiller today, something about a trip next month there. I will get them to post a new message with details.

maverick
01-13-2008, 20:15
OK, I joined the Tulsa Aquanauts last week. I'll have 2 check out the message board.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
01-13-2008, 20:18
Give jbres1 from this forum a PM. He just sent me a note about trying to get a group together for late Feb or early March.

terfmop
01-13-2008, 20:53
When I went to BTM back on 12/22, both of my regular buddies were not able to go. There was no problem going alone, as a traditional buddy system isn't quite as necessary, but in your group you can still buddy up with someone if you desire.

jbres1
01-14-2008, 09:08
Good morning,
I was looking to get a small group together to go to the Mine for some diving. The time frame is Feb. thru early March.
When are people available to go to the mine ?
The mine offers a 4 dive package deal for $340.00 for 2 nights stay.
See their site for details.

Bonne Terre Mine (http://www.2dive.com/divepackages.htm)

Thanks, Jim Breslin
Chicago area, Naperville Il.

maverick
01-14-2008, 09:28
jbres1 I sent U a pm.

jbres1
01-14-2008, 19:13
I called the mine today , they have openings for either the 1st or 3rd weekend in Feb and then the month of March.
What weekends are good for each of you ?
The Mine wants 2 week advance notice if we have more than 6 divers .
Thanks, Jim Breslin

johnod
01-15-2008, 07:03
Thats looks awesome! I can't make Feb or March but I will definately check that out! Thanks for the info. Look forward to hearing your dive report and maybe see some pictures.

maverick
01-15-2008, 13:48
Something went wrong with my truck yeaterday. Go 2 go 2 the fix it shop and C what it costs first. But I sure would like 2 go 2 the Mine.

jbres1
01-28-2008, 11:01
I called today, and I am going to go the weekend of the 16 th of Feb.

Any takers ?
Jim Breslin

Think
01-28-2008, 11:28
Unfortunately I can't tag along, but I did want to say that this place looks awesome! I will definitely bookmark their webpage for the future. I see they have a diver's lodge and also a bed & breakfast. Any recommendations on either? Or other near-by cheap hotels? A group of us are going for our OW certs in the coming months and this seems like a great potential for our first weekend getaway dive (assuming we pass :smiley5:) Thanks

cummings66
01-28-2008, 18:26
I don't want to discourage you, but I think if I was you think I'd do several dives locally in the quarries before I ventured here. Not because it's hard or anything like that, but more because you won't know what your air consumption is like and your control of yourself while diving will probably not be great. Most new divers have up and down issues (buoyancy control) in the beginning and if you did you may not get the full enjoyment out of the dive, especially if you can't do the full thing due to air consumption.

I believe every new diver needs about a dozen dives before they venture out of the nest very far, it'll make things easier on you.

Good luck on the cert by the way, diving is fun.

maverick
01-28-2008, 19:25
What is the temp. at Boone Terre Mine?

newways
01-28-2008, 20:27
~62 air
~58 water

Think
01-29-2008, 07:15
Cummings66, thanks for the advice. It makes perfect sense. Most of our diving will be in the local quarries, and I'm sure we'll all get really comfortable before we venture out anywhere. I was just excited to see such a cool looking place that's less than a five hour car ride away.

BSea
01-29-2008, 07:57
Cummings66, thanks for the advice. It makes perfect sense. Most of our diving will be in the local quarries, and I'm sure we'll all get really comfortable before we venture out anywhere. I was just excited to see such a cool looking place that's less than a five hour car ride away.You might try Mermot Springs. It's just north of Paducah. I've made a trip there the last 2 years, & the diving can be as easy as you want it to be. They have the body of a 727 (I think it's a 727) from the movie US Marshals. Plus many other things. Great facilities with air & Nitrox on site. It's also a great place to do a night dive if you've never done 1.

Sorry about getting off topic.

maverick
01-29-2008, 18:37
I heard it's good diving ar Mermet Springs also.

snagel
01-30-2008, 05:58
Mermet is Awesome....great diving....great people....and the owners are absolutely the best. I dive there every chance I get.

Check out my photo album...I think there are pics of a couple trips to Mermet.

S. Nagel

Think
01-30-2008, 07:12
Thanks, that is one of the few places around I'd actually already heard about. My LDS makes several trips there every year. I'm sure I will make the trip one of these days. First things first, I gotta get certified :)