PDA

View Full Version : SB Manatee Dive Trip 1/13/08 - Pics & Video

NitroWill
01-13-2008, 19:21
Hey Everyone,
Just got back from the Manatee dive with Birds Underwater. Here are some pictures and a couple of short videos for your viewing pleasure :)

For some reason - they images arent showing right on this board, you can browse the gallery here:

Manatee Dive 1/13/08 (http://scubawill.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=48)

Videos
Here's one I was taking of a manatee who got real curious and actually came and got under me and nudged and rolled me real good :eyebrow:
YouTube - Manatee Dive Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRUsZZd0VVM)

Here's a short video of a quick freedive in one of the deeper areas of the spring loaded with all different varieties of fish.
YouTube - Manatee Dive Sinkhole Freedive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhm_J1nyKB0)

Tom A
01-13-2008, 19:28
i did my ow dive at crystal riverhad to do a 50ft out of air

jwdizney
01-13-2008, 19:43
Will, i'm not sure i like this new camera of yours.... .....it's 30 degrees here and you keep sending all these great Florida dive pics!!!!:fit:

no really, Thanks for sharing, it gives us hope!:smiley20:

(birds was a great trip for us back in Oct, even though the manatees were few... lot of fun, and the springs were incredible. )

NitroWill
01-13-2008, 19:45
Will, i'm not sure i like this new camera of yours.... .....it's 30 degrees here and you keep sending all these great Florida dive pics!!!!:fit:

(birds was a great trip for us back in Oct, even though the manatees were few... lot of fun, and the springs were incredible. )

Y'all are welcome here anytime - I dive every week :smiley20: There were about 20-30 manatees in the area this morning.

jwdizney
01-13-2008, 19:49
just keep on takin pics, we'll be there before you know it...

hychang
01-13-2008, 21:16
Will, the video of you with the curious Manatee was seriously cool!! Have to agree with jwdizney as I'm confined up here where it's winter where the only diving I'm doing is in my head! Seriously, great pics and video. Thanks for sharing and brightening a cold winter night.:smiley20:

whse56
01-13-2008, 21:46
Now you did it, I'm jealous, it's -6 and the wind chill is down to -24. The thought of diving with a manatee was about the furthest thing from my mind. Great video and pics

ScubaJW
01-17-2008, 11:47
NitroWill, nice pix and video! What camera do you have?

NitroWill
01-17-2008, 11:51
NitroWill, nice pix and video! What camera do you have?

Thanks,
Nikon S510 & Fantasea FS-510 Housing

ertechsg
01-17-2008, 12:06

Y'all are welcome here anytime - I dive every week :smiley20: There were about 20-30 manatees in the area this morning.
Time for a girlfriend,Will :smiley2: ....nice vids

jeepbrew
01-30-2008, 19:41
Nice pics and video Will! I wish I could have made the trip (had mentioned to deepstops that I woul try to make it), but unfortunately, a hernia operation held me back.

UCFKnightDiver
01-30-2008, 20:18
nice pics will maybe we can go diving together again sometime...?

Zyxistal
02-01-2008, 15:57
Great pics/vids Will can't wait to go back to FL again.

scubasamurai
02-01-2008, 16:18
hey will, i saw the video very cool, but i thought you couldn't touch those swimming trash cans, because they are endangered or now i believed threaten?? but pretty cool!!!!

NitroWill
02-01-2008, 16:54
You can touch the manatees as long as they approach you and you don't pursue them. You are also only suppose to use one hand only. Can't swim into there protected areas either.