PDA

View Full Version : SeaLife Reef MasterMini battery problem

philcam
01-13-2008, 20:33
I just bought a Reef MasterMini from ST.

I'm having a little problem with the trap door that holds the batteries in. Not the outer water proof door, the smaller inner door that actually makes contact with the batteries. Everytime I open the water proof door to connect the USB cable to download the pictures to my computer, the inter door pops open and the batteries go flying. I can only keep it closed for few seconds at a time and it pops open again. Holding it closed while down loading pics is a pain!

Anyone else having the same problem, or did I just get a bad apple. Just thought I ask here first before calling ST or SeaLife.

thanks!
Phil

snagel
01-13-2008, 20:37
I've got the same camera and don't have this problem. The inner door stays shut. To open you have to slid it down and it pops open. Sounds like something is going wrong with your camera.

S. Nagel

philcam
01-13-2008, 20:44
Thanks!

I was worried about that. Mine seems to stay shut and lock without the batteries, but as soon as that door get tension on it, the lock pops.

Phil

snagel
01-13-2008, 20:48
Bummer....Did you just get it? I really like the camera. The only issue I had was that it locked up one time at 100 feet. Not sure what happened and it worked fine afterwards. I emailed Sealife about it because I was going to Mexico and didn't want any problems. They insisted that I send it in to them and they would replace it. They didn't want this to ruin my trip. Anyway, if you have to deal with SeaLife, they treated me very well. They really know what customer service is.

S. Nagel

Osprey
01-13-2008, 20:51
I just got my camera and no issues like that for me, and we've messed with the door several times while family and friends were being nosy. Shame, I hope you can get it fixed!

RoyN
01-13-2008, 20:59
Sounds like the camera is defected. When I used to have one, the door always stay shut. Although I had leaks on the outside compartment and that fogged up the port lense on the camera.

philcam
01-13-2008, 21:00
Yep, I just bought it. It arrived this week from ST and I picked up a 1GB SD card today from Best Buy. Was taking some practice pics and trying to download them to my computer when I noticed them problem. It works fine with the waterproof door closed.

Phil

philcam
01-14-2008, 19:40
Problem solved. I called ST today and they said "no problem, send it back and we'll ship you a new one." Thanks ST.