PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sorry!

brandon
01-16-2008, 05:24
I placed an order a couple weeks ago - just for some odds and ends and misc things. Received a very friendly phone call from a ST staff member the next day to verify some order details.

To whomever this was - I'm sorry if I was short/rude/unpleasant on the phone! I work night shift and was sleeping very deeply... was fairly out of it and just wanted to answer questions and get off the phone and back in bed!

Thank you for the excellent customer service you provided. As soon as I hung up the phone and woke up a little more I realized I had probably been Diver McGrouchy pants, and felt terrible. You rock... I suck. Sorry!

-Brandon.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
01-16-2008, 07:03
"Diver McGrouchy Pants" !!???

Don't be so hard on yourself!!!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39 ::smilie39:

riverrat
01-17-2008, 15:12
Dont fret it. I do shiftwork and did this all the time until the answering machine...its a wonderful thing.

DollFin
01-17-2008, 15:35
I am, by nature, a night owl. Fortunately I am a self employed massage therapist and can set my own schedule, so unless a client can ONLY do an appintment in the morning, I usually don't have to get up early. My natural cycle is to be awake until about 2 or 3AM and sleep untul 10 or 11AM. Once in a while I'll get woken up by the phone at 8AM or some otherwise dreadful hour and I'm pretty cranky when that happens. Why are "morning people" so obnoxiously cheerful when they KNOW by the tone of your voice that they just woke you up?? Let me call YOU at 3AM and be all happy and bouncy!:anim_sleep:

John Yaskowich
01-17-2008, 19:06
Why are "morning people" so obnoxiously cheerful when they KNOW by the tone of your voice that they just woke you up?? Let me call YOU at 3AM and be all happy and bouncy!:anim_sleep:

I am also a night owl so you have my full sympathy.
I want to know who put the morning people in charge of thing?
Dawn is Natures way of telling you it is bed time!

cheebaweebie
01-17-2008, 20:36
You are sooooo mean !!! j/k

WAHMof2
01-28-2008, 08:46
Dawn is Natures way of telling you it is bed time!

:smiley36: Now that's good!

Think
01-28-2008, 09:07
Personally I always like when you are asleep, wake up to answer the phone, end the call, then lay there in bed not sure what exactly you just said or if you sounded like an idiot.

MLenyo
01-28-2008, 19:30
I am, by nature, a night owl. Fortunately I am a self employed massage therapist and can set my own schedule, so unless a client can ONLY do an appintment in the morning, I usually don't have to get up early. My natural cycle is to be awake until about 2 or 3AM and sleep untul 10 or 11AM. Once in a while I'll get woken up by the phone at 8AM or some otherwise dreadful hour and I'm pretty cranky when that happens. Why are "morning people" so obnoxiously cheerful when they KNOW by the tone of your voice that they just woke you up?? Let me call YOU at 3AM and be all happy and bouncy!:anim_sleep:

that sounds FANTASTIC!! i'm the same way, but i'm a student, so i'm just "lazy"!

i'm grouchy in the mornings all the time, trying to work on that. you know, so as to NOT alienate the people that are calling at a reasonable hour.

cutter77
01-29-2008, 03:24
I'm a night owl...I hate getting up early.

But what's worse is trying to "sound awake" when answering the phone in the morning....just fake it.

Hmmmm.....wonder why this post is indicating it was written at 9:24 am but it's 4:00 am here in Texas...???!

Crimediver
01-29-2008, 05:15
I used to work for a police department that rotated you each week from day shift to night shift. Your body never figured out when it was supposed to sleep. Everyones biological clock was out of sync and as a result it made everyone a bit wacky. Left that job and went to work for another agency and got on a mostly day schedule. Felt like I was on a paid vacation. Now if I am out ayt 4 AM it is because I want to be, not because I am told to be. And I am much more sociable.

Gombessa
01-29-2008, 11:42
It's very big of you to admit and apologize like that. Here's hoping your order doesn't arrive packaged with a horse's head :D

Black-Gorrilla
01-29-2008, 19:11
It's very big of you to admit and apologize like that. Here's hoping your order doesn't arrive packaged with a horse's head :D

maybe a pony's head... horses are big...