PDA

View Full Version : Aeris and Oceanic use same download cable

mitsuguy
01-16-2008, 16:21
You read it right... at least my Aeris Atmos 2 (which uses the same downloader as the Epic, Elite T3, Manta, XR-2, ATMOS elite and ATMOS ai) and my Oceanic Veo 180nx (which uses the same downloader as the ATOM, ATOM 2.0, VT3, VT Pro, Pro Plus 2, GEO, Versa Pro, Veo 250 and Veo 200) use the same cable... now, the software is different, but I bought the cable yesterday for my Atmos 2, and noticed that the connector fits my Veo 180 perfectly as well...

I went to Oceanics website (and Aeris to get their latest version of software), and both computers connected properly to my Vista laptop with an Aeris data cable...

The software between the two is identical as well, except for the one fact that Oceanics software won't allow downloading from the Aeris computer, and Aeris' software won't allow downloading from the Oceanic computer... Other than that, they are identical in form and function, and can even access each others data files...

Now, your mileage may vary, but it works perfectly for me...

Puffer Fish
01-16-2008, 16:59
You read it right... at least my Aeris Atmos 2 (which uses the same downloader as the Epic, Elite T3, Manta, XR-2, ATMOS elite and ATMOS ai) and my Oceanic Veo 180nx (which uses the same downloader as the ATOM, ATOM 2.0, VT3, VT Pro, Pro Plus 2, GEO, Versa Pro, Veo 250 and Veo 200) use the same cable... now, the software is different, but I bought the cable yesterday for my Atmos 2, and noticed that the connector fits my Veo 180 perfectly as well...

I went to Oceanics website (and Aeris to get their latest version of software), and both computers connected properly to my Vista laptop with an Aeris data cable...

The software between the two is identical as well, except for the one fact that Oceanics software won't allow downloading from the Aeris computer, and Aeris' software won't allow downloading from the Oceanic computer... Other than that, they are identical in form and function, and can even access each others data files...

Now, your mileage may vary, but it works perfectly for me...

Could you repeat that? I seem to have lost concentration about half way thru the list...

hoobascooba
01-16-2008, 18:38
isn't Aeris made by Oceanic?

like GMC is to Chevrolet...

mitsuguy
01-16-2008, 20:42
isn't Aeris made by Oceanic?

like GMC is to Chevrolet...

I am unsure of who owns who, but even their websites are near identical...

I had assumed they were the same, but Joe/Larry told me they weren't...

Puffer: long story short, all oceanic and aeris computers that use the 3 pin usb cable should be able to use the same cable... (The computers I tested this on are the Atmos 2 and the Veo180nx)

ScubaToys Larry
01-16-2008, 20:48
I am unsure of who owns who, but even their websites are near identical...

I had assumed they were the same, but Joe/Larry told me they weren't...

We told you that?? Must have been some confusion there - yes, oceanic and aeris are the same company... sorta... There is actually a large number of companies that are all kind of inter mingled and related to each other... oceanic, aeris, romi, pelagic, hollis, and on and on.... Oceanic and Aeris computers are really the same - as are the sherwoods - all come from the same place.. just some slight different foot print, or display differences.

mitsuguy
01-16-2008, 20:51
We told you that?? Must have been some confusion there - yes, oceanic and aeris are the same company... sorta... There is actually a large number of companies that are all kind of inter mingled and related to each other... oceanic, aeris, romi, pelagic, hollis, and on and on.... Oceanic and Aeris computers are really the same - as are the sherwoods - all come from the same place.. just some slight different foot print, or display differences.

You can blame Joe :) (Read this backwards)

Re: Veo 180
Sorry they are all gone!

Thanks

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Damn, they suck...

oh well, got any Veo 180's in stock? wrist mount or in a console?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaToys Joe
Sorry but the 180 is a Oceanic and the of course the Aeris well it is a Aeris and while the are the same company they made it to where the down loaders will not work on each others computers!

Thanks

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy
http://forum.scubatoys.com/computers...tml#post114013 (http://forum.scubatoys.com/computers-gauges/8159-aeris-atmos-2-vs-xr-2-vs-oceanic.html#post114013)

Was curious if you guys still had any 180's laying around??? If so, do you know if they have or use the same connector as my Aeris Atmos 2?

Thanks
-Cody

mitsuguy
01-16-2008, 20:52
but, he was kinda right... the software doesn't work on each others computers... just the cable...

thor
01-17-2008, 14:59
Whenever there is an Aeris or Oceanic recall, it is Pelagic Pressure Systems, Inc. which announces it. I think they are the parent company.