PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling gear under wetsuit

Taigin
01-18-2008, 18:30
So, I have been perusing the boards, and in an earlier thread someone talked about "What do wear under your wetsuit", and most of the answers involved lycra Jammers and stuff. Well for those of us who eschew six pack abs and go with a small pony keg, Jammers can look a little silly. But if they had a little shoulder strap to keep them from rolling at the top (like some bike shorts do) they might be perfect. So...lycra with shoulder straps....

I ran across a wrestling uniform site:

WrestlingGear.com Adidas Response-SKU: 0110 (http://www.wrestlinggear.com/store/uniforms/211_Adidas_Response-SKU:_0110.html)

Given that they are make from Nylon/Lycra, what do you think about wearing those under the suit to aid in putting on, and taking off without blinding someone?

Thanks for your time.

Defman
01-18-2008, 20:29
I wear a pair of neoprene shorts, but that might be a good option too!

whse56
01-18-2008, 21:05
I think I'll stay with plain old fashioned swimsuit.

RoadRacer1978
01-18-2008, 22:08
Nothing wrong with those if that is what you choose to wear. It's all personal choice when it comes to what to wear under the suit.

Tom A
01-19-2008, 07:26
i think ill stick to my old swim suit also

scubadub
01-19-2008, 07:49
I use a lycra rash vest and lycra running shorts. They do tend to emphasize all your bits and bumps but they let the wetsuit move much more comfortably over your body, making it easier to get on and off and also allows for greater flexiblity in the water. One of the greatest improvements to comfort I've found.

RonFrank
01-19-2008, 08:36
If you are worried about how you look while diving, you may want to either, hire a fitness trainer, or find a new hobby! :smiley36: Adding this to your kit is certainly not going to improve the look. Although I can think of a few woman I'd like to see in these! :smilie39:

The problem I see with these suits is they don't offer any protection where rashes most commonly occur when diving which is around the neck area.

If you need something because your suit is uncomfortable, maybe find a new wetsuit, or you can get a microprene or lycra jumpsuit. I use a tilos superstreach 3/2mm, and it's comfortable, but I do sometimes get sensitive around the neck after a week or more of diving.

Next time if FL I'm gong to get a rash guard to solve that issue. However over the years my wetsuit under garments have been my very unique....... swimsuit!

Ohmdiver
01-19-2008, 09:22
Bottom line is and my favorite answer is...

If it works for you than do it.

BuzzGA
01-19-2008, 12:36
I use a long sleeve rash guard and my swim suit...as for the pony keg abs issue...people will probably be more distracted by the rainbow color of my gear (blue bcd, yellow fins, clear mask, red snorkle)

MLenyo
01-20-2008, 01:57
I think I'll stay with plain old fashioned swimsuit.

agreed.

mitchy
01-21-2008, 16:08
Under my wetsuit is a swimsuit, and under my swimsuit is... well not much to talk about.

hoobascooba
01-21-2008, 16:24
I usually just wear swimshorts or if I forgot to pack those, I still have my boxers :-)

Lone Frogman
01-21-2008, 16:28
Swim shorts. Sometimes without the wet suit. And everything in the truck under my dry suit.

Mtrewyn
01-23-2008, 10:58
I think that is a reasonable thing to wear, but you can buy a Lycra full suit for a little less than that, and it will cove you from head to toe, and your arms, and legs would slip into your suit better.

just my thoughts

UCFKnightDiver
01-23-2008, 11:20
under my wetsuit is board shorts and sometimes a rash guard

Mtrewyn
01-24-2008, 00:00
Their is no way I could wear anything but a speedo, or Lycra, or a rash guard or something like that, under my wet suit, all those wrinkles from the "board shorts" would really hurt. but what ever works for you.