PDA

View Full Version : Back in to SCUBA

jobahed
07-27-2007, 16:46
Well, it's finally happened...after 10 years of waiting for my friends to get certified, I finally dug my Beuchat equipment out of the closet, got it all checked out, and I'm ready to jump back in the water.

Props to Beuchat ... opening my dive bag was very much like opening a time capsule; the contents had not seen daylight in a full decade...but it was in the exact same condition I left it in. The local dive shop checked it all out and it's 100% good to go.

By day, I run a little software company here just northwest of Austin. I also fly airplanes (I own a small V-tail Bonanza), helicopters (don't own one yet), gyrocopters (building one now), and I love riding my BMW 1200GS motorcycle. I guess you could say I'd rather be moving the wrong direction than sitting still. :-)

Stumbled across this site while looking for full-face masks. I dove with a Interspiro once back in the 90's and it was awesome. I am probably going to pick up this Neptune II that seems to be all the rage.

My (FINALLY certified) friends and I are currently planning a trip to Athens Scuba Park. If you see a geeky looking bald guy in a too-small wetsuit struggling with straps on a full-face mask...be sure and say howdy!

-John

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 17:55
Welcome John,

I hope you enjoy your time here.

It is a great group.

Ajuva

thesmoothdome
07-28-2007, 06:52
Welcome to the board John. I was out of the water for 10 years too. Funny, how you miss something like this even after all that time. Welcome back to diving. Have a blast.

Splitlip
07-28-2007, 07:25
Welcome.

You're not a physician, are you? (Just a bit concerned about the Beechcraft is all.)

Moxie
07-28-2007, 11:24
Welcome to ScubaToys. It's amazing how the love of diving doesn't leave you isn't it!

Bill22
07-28-2007, 11:35
Welcome John. I also took a long break and just started diving again. You're lucky to still have equipment. I had sold all of mine years ago. I had also lost my dive logs (I was on my third logbook) and the only C-Card I could find was my OW :-)) I replaced my lost AOW and Cavern cards, ALL my equipment (and then some :-)), and started a new logbook with Dive #1 (can't remember exactly where I left off at). Everytime I come up from a dive now, I find myself asking why I ever stopped.... I suspect you will too :-)