PDA

View Full Version : Mares Icon BCD Question - Please Help

cyclone3565
01-19-2008, 21:58
I just purchased a Mares Icon BCD and the Valve Trigger Line, release air by pulling on the inflator, is assembled using a ball at the end. I am trying to install my Atomic SSI and currently I am using a pin with a loop on the line on my Zeagle. Is there a trick I am missing? All help will be greatly appreciated. Trying to go diving as soon as possible.

WAHMof2
01-23-2008, 17:18
Can't help ya, but I want to go diving soon too. :smiley19:

ScubaToys Larry
01-31-2008, 08:51
Mares BC's are not designed to have octo inflators installed. I've seen it done, where someone would just cut that line as close to the end as possible, then tie a loop in it to go over the pin... and drop some super glue on the knot once you get the length right.... but that is a bit McGyver.... But there is no other way with those inflator hoses.

Black-Gorrilla
02-03-2008, 10:30
Larry, can he just switch out what sounds to be like a pull dump valve for a regular style one? im sure mares sells the parts if it's do-able, and that way he can use his SSI

cyclone3565
02-23-2008, 05:25
Larry, that is basically what I ended up doing. I didn't cut the line, just untied the knots to remove the Mares inflator, made a regular know, looped it around the pin and used a cable tie to hold it in place. It has worked fine so far. If it ever lets go, I can always use it without the pull feature.