PDA

View Full Version : Hanger???

snagel
01-20-2008, 10:37
What type of hanger do you recommend - traditional drysuit hanger or something like the Mares Hanger. The Mares looks like you hang the drysuit upside down with the boots hanging from the hanger. (Both located on ST)

Suit - SeaSoft Crushed Neoprene with boots attached. Back Zipper.

S. Nagel

cummings66
01-20-2008, 20:57
What does your manual say about hangars? Mine says basically a thick hangar like you'd use for a wetsuit, but not to leave it there for long. Basically long enough to dry and no more.

If I was to use a hangar for that purpose I'd get one that doesn't have a small contact area with the drysuit, couple inches is what I'd want.

tc_rain
01-20-2008, 21:21
I have the Mares. I like to hang it upside down and rinse it with the hose after dives. This stops water from collecting in the boots if it is sprayed inside. Once the suit is dry, I roll it and store it in the bag.

snagel
01-20-2008, 21:56
Well, the book says, store it hanging down. If that isn't possible roll it up and put it in a bag. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but hanging down? Does that mean drapped over something or hanging by the boots. I assume by the boots, but this just seems like you are putting a lot of stress on the boot seam.

S. Nagel

terrillja
01-21-2008, 18:27
I use this: Dry Suit Hanger, Drysuits, Underwater Kinetics, Dry Suit Hanger (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=24051)

Works well, large contact area.

Gombessa
01-22-2008, 12:18
Good thread. I wonder about the stresses from hanging too. Does it help to hang the suit, but with the bottom resting on top of a box or platform to help support the weight? Everyone I know just rolls it up loosely (with the zipper open and on facing the outside of the "roll") and keeps it in a bag.

medic001918
01-22-2008, 13:43
I use hangers that allow us to hang out dry suits upside down. So far they seem to work great. We hang them and then hose them off. And leave them hung up until the next time we dive. I've noticed no negative effects so far from using this method, and the suits stay dry inside.

Shane

Gombessa
01-22-2008, 16:45
In the end, I guess I'll do whatever the manufacturer recommends. Maybe lighter suits are better for hanging, heavier ones for packing...for obvious reasons...

WAHMof2
02-01-2008, 17:26
What is it about the construction of a drysuit compared to a wetsuit that requires the larger hanger, and more care in hanging? Is it because of the weight?

terrillja
02-01-2008, 17:30
What is it about the construction of a drysuit compared to a wetsuit that requires the larger hanger, and more care in hanging? Is it because of the weight?

the weight and the dry zipper- if the zipper runs over the shoulder, then a sharp ink could damage it, a more wide and gradual bend is better.