PDA

View Full Version : 10% Discount for Forum Members

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 18:25
Larry,

Is the 10% discount only for telephone orders?

Being in the UK it would be cost prohibitive for me to call through an order and I would prefer to mail in my requests.

Just wanted clarification.

ScubaToys Larry
07-27-2007, 18:57
Not a problem... Just let us know your board name in the notes section on the final check out screen.

ie:

Ajuva - ScubaToys Board member 10% discount

And we'll do the rest!

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 19:00
:smiley32:As always Larry, you are a Prince amongst men!

plot
07-27-2007, 19:10
hehe.. glad i saw this thread before I ordered tomorrow :D

FishFood
07-27-2007, 19:24
Wait! Hold the second stage!

There's a 10% discount for board members?

plot
07-27-2007, 19:39
has been a long standing thing on scubaboard IIRC. was always a matter of phoning the order in before though, or e-mailing it in instead of using the webpage. Glad you can do it directly from there now though.

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 19:39
See, it is worthwhile coming to the board.

We're not worthy, We're not worthy.

lol

Ajuva

Moxie
07-28-2007, 01:34
But what kind of discount do I get when I let Joe paint ScubaToys all over every spare inch of me???? He did promise ya know.

All kidding aside. You guys really do a great job with the discounts. I must make sure to visit you in person.

Queen
07-28-2007, 07:28
All kidding aside. You guys really do a great job with the discounts. I must make sure to visit you in person.

I keep envisioning a visit to the ST store...I'd be like a hyperexcited 5 year old in a candy store. Eventually they'd find me curled up asleep in a pile of gear with a dreamy smile on my face. :D

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 08:24
So, are the discounts added? ie: I'm a member at Scubaboard and Scubatoysforums, so do I get 20% off? :)

Or just for being a wise beast-of-burden, will you all take 10% off purchase price and 10% off my gift certificate amount? :(

ScubaToys Larry
07-28-2007, 08:33
So, are the discounts added? ie: I'm a member at Scubaboard and Scubatoysforums, so do I get 20% off? :)

Or just for being a wise beast-of-burden, will you all take 10% off purchase price and 10% off my gift certificate amount? :(

Oh... sorry.. If also a SB member... they now cancel - so you don't get squat.:smiley13:

Just kiddin'. But seriously, with our pricing on most items, I don't buy them for 20% off!

You will get your ScubaToys 10% discount, and you'll be happy with it!
:lin:

plot
07-28-2007, 08:54
ok... best smiley ever right there...

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 13:12

Larry, you remind me of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxwAU_xAMk)

It should be completely work safe, unless you get fired for laughing. The "Larry Line" is at the end.

And yes, I will be very happy with my $60 in gift certificates and 10% discount. Can I enter multiple gift certificates in the order thing, or should I email in the order or what? I know I could call it in, but I really don't like calling people much at all. I worked for a while calling people to hire them for various events around the country and after that, I tell people to just email me when they need me, and I don't answer the phone unless I have to. :)

ScubaToys Larry
07-28-2007, 13:41
Sorry it took me so long to reply... For some reason I had an uncontrollable urge to go get a muffin....

You can use one - the other, just put in the notes section with a note, and we'll get you set up.

Larry, you remind me of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxwAU_xAMk)

It should be completely work safe, unless you get fired for laughing. The "Larry Line" is at the end.

And yes, I will be very happy with my $60 in gift certificates and 10% discount. Can I enter multiple gift certificates in the order thing, or should I email in the order or what? I know I could call it in, but I really don't like calling people much at all. I worked for a while calling people to hire them for various events around the country and after that, I tell people to just email me when they need me, and I don't answer the phone unless I have to. :)

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 13:50
No worries mate, I was off playing along with tunes from a cd that the band I used to play with made......good times, good times....:(

And the thread by MWhities made me think long and hard about giving away my gift certificate.....and I'm still thinking about it....but there's some gear I've got my eye on, and as a starving college student soon-to-be.....(leaving in, eh, two weeks?) I dunno....

ScubaToys Larry
07-28-2007, 13:59
I traveled for 6 years as a road musician... If you were in a band, and now a student... yes.. you may be more deserving than anyone to use your own certificate!
:ylsuper:

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 14:26
Yeah, the band thing was cool, played with them under one name for a while, took a year break then they reformed under a new name and some differnet members, as some went off t college. Music style changed alot, but it was kind of fun....one night we were discussing future plans and everyone in the band said they'd stay in Gainesville for the band and even give up college to tour if it came to that point. I was the only person to say "Eh, I'm going to college guys. If you mail me something to play to, I'll find a way to record my parts, and I could tour inthe summer." They said they'd keep and eye out for a replacement for me. Before the next practice, a week or so later, I was "out" :) I've let them keep using alot of my equipment, but I'm picking up what's mine in a week before I leave for college, and before they get to thinking it belongs to them :) Moreover, we split alot of costs, and through some hullabalooh, one member left before he really got on board, but the costs had been figured with him paying too, so I paid for two "shares" of the equipment that belongs to the band. And the two guys they got to replace me (yep, needed two people to replace me!) didn't pay for any of it....kind of a bummer. When the first band kind of "disbanded," the bassist, who kept track of money, paid pack everyone for anything they had put money forward for, like merch and stuff. That bassist left for college and because she stopped dating the lead singer/gutiarist guy, and no one was really in charge of the money with the new band, so I have a feeling I'm just out the few hundred :)

ertechsg
07-28-2007, 18:14
Phone.. e-mail does this mean I can't come to the store anymore. I only live 20 min away. Brown's not that fast. Oh well, guess it worth 10% to live so close.

ScubaToys Larry
07-28-2007, 18:16
Phone.. e-mail does this mean I can't come to the store anymore. I only live 20 min away. Brown's not that fast. Oh well, guess it worth 10% to live so close.

Oh sure... we'll let you walk in... Just wear a brown shirt and socks... we'll think you're a UPS driver. :smiley36:

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 18:48
I know a guy who works for UPS. Did you know their pens have brown ink? I want some!!!

And they have UPS socks! Uber cool!

I wish I could walk in....you all seem like a really good dive shop. Never heard anyone say you all screwed them over, and that says alot!

ScubaToys Larry
07-28-2007, 18:55
Never heard anyone say you all screwed them over

So now there is the ultimate compliment! :smiley36:

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 19:35
Even better is I've never heard a shop badmouth you either! (of course, I'm a ways away....but,) down here, almost every shop badmouths all of the other shops, it's incredible how backbiting and mean every shop is down here!!

ertechsg
07-28-2007, 19:44
Even better is I've never heard a shop badmouth you either! (of course, I'm a ways away....but,) down here, almost every shop badmouths all of the other shops, it's incredible how backbiting and mean every shop is down here!!Go ask a shop to replace your mask strap with a ST strap and see what they say.lol

JahJahwarrior
07-28-2007, 19:49
Even better is I've never heard a shop badmouth you either! (of course, I'm a ways away....but,) down here, almost every shop badmouths all of the other shops, it's incredible how backbiting and mean every shop is down here!!Go ask a shop to replace your mask strap with a ST strap and see what they say.lol

I know one of them will tell me that because it isn't Halcyon, I'm likely to die the next time I enter the water. Then they'll try to sell me the Halcyon one for $21 + tax. Another guy will ask who ST is and will possibly tell me that he could match prices with them, and I think he's right, his prices are darn close to theirs, and he really will work to lower prices for you. He's the guy I shop from here :). The other three will probably ask who ST is and then why I bought the strap from ST, rather than from a local company.

But that's if I walk in withit on, if I asked them to change the straps for me, most would look at me like I'm an idiot :) One would tell me they'll have to send it out for repairs, another would tell me that their repair guy isn't in until Tuesday and they can't do it because he locks his toolboxes. The guy I buy from here would show me how to do it :)

DUnder
07-30-2007, 08:18
Thanks Scuba Toys I think everyone will enjoy the 10% discount for being a member of this board.