PDA

View Full Version : Womens Grants?

Danica
01-21-2008, 10:34
Does anyone know (in BC, Canada) about womens grants that would consider funding towards commercial scuba school? I have been in contact with the owners, and they want me to sign up asap, but I am short of pretty much everything and they don't do student loans, financial break ups, nor anything. It's a money up front sort of gig, plus I'd need to invest in a commercial grade dry suit.
I'm not sure where to go from here, it's been a difficult past few weeks and I've come out of it without work, I really want to go into the commercial trade but its proving hard, just as the huge amount of money down doesn't help.
Any ideas? I've heard of 'women under 30' grants, (I'm 29) but I just don't know where to start.
All I want to do is DIVE! *help*
I'll even paint my nails as little dive flags.

WAHMof2
01-21-2008, 15:51
I recently went through a similar situation, but I've found that those grants are next to impossible to get right now. Good luck!

abcitydiver
01-21-2008, 19:26
Find your local "Soroptimist" organization, they are an international org of professional women who are dedicated to improving the lives of women and children around the globe. They ABSOLUTELY have grants for women seeking to further their education, or re=position themselves in the workforce. Different chapters have different amounts of funds available, and slightly varying requirments for applying...best of luck!
If you have trouble finding them, go to the international site, and then start looking for local links....Soroptimist International of the Americas (http://www.soroptimist.org)

Danica
01-22-2008, 16:34
Thanks lady!!!! I'm checking them out now!