PDA

View Full Version : Upper Keys - need place to stay suggestions

downunder
07-27-2007, 23:31
Going for a week on 8/23. Does anyone know any Realtors or property managers that have a good inventory of 2br condos or the like???
Thanks!

ReefHound
07-28-2007, 08:10
I've often stayed at Ocean Pointe (http://www.opsuites.com/) condos, they run about $150 to $200 depending on season and dates. Most have a king in master, two fulls in 2 BR, and sleeper in the LR, full kitchen. Located at MM 84, about a mile from Conch Republic Divers (http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com/).

WaterRat
07-28-2007, 23:14
I'm not sure what the availablity is, but Mike and Carol at Island Bay Resorts has a nice place. They're cottages just a few miles from Conch Republice Divers. We'll be staying with them in 2 weeks.

http://www.islandbayresort.com/

Ron

harb99
07-29-2007, 21:12
try looking here - i found a few for the first week of august that were available.

http://www.vrbo.com/

downunder
07-30-2007, 20:31
well, between vrbo and the other posting, I found Ocean Pointe to be a great deal! Only $137 a night for ocean view 2 bedroom condo. So I booked it! Any pointers for the area, feel free to post or PM me. Thanks All!!!!!

ReefHound
07-30-2007, 20:55
OP has a decent continental breakfast with cereal, bagels, muffins, lots of juices, and coffee. But they don't start until 7:30am so you have to wolf it down and haul butt to be at CRD by 8am. There's a little diner about MM80 on the southbound side, can't think of the name offhand, that serves a decent lunch or dinner for a reasonable price. Has an all u can eat fish deal for $12. Tower Pizza is at MM100 and is one of my favorite pizzas.

Panhandle Joe
07-31-2007, 13:32
Try a realtor from Miami area named Javier Jimeniz His cell is 305-205-2837. He got us a 2 bedroom house for $750. in Key Largo With me being a realtor from the Panhandle it was easy to check his credentials and he is licensed in the state of Florida

dbsea
07-31-2007, 13:58
http://www.keylargorentals.net/

Just got back from Largo & rented a 2BR/2BA villa from Fernando Guisasola. This is a very nice non-smoking unit in a gated condo-resort area known as Mariner's Club. His list of properties is on his site (given above) & be assured that he is honest (he will return your deposit if you haven't trashed his place). The dive shop with nice (and reasonable) 6-pack boats is next to the subdivision at MM97.5----this is known as their "Dive In" location. If you stay at Mariner's ask them for the discount. Here is their site: http://www.cristalclearwatersports.com/

This combo makes for a relaxing & first-class vacation....D.B.

mike_s
07-31-2007, 15:08
My preference for short trips is just to stay at the Holiday Inn. You can get a decent room for cheap, it's clean, and walk out back to a dive boat.

For a longer stay or a condo, besides Ocean Point, try the Condo that SpearGirl on Scubaboard has.
[quote]
Kawama Yacht Club Vacation Rental Key Largo FL
www.msnusers.com/RentalUnit Flat Rate $125.00
Sleeps up to 10 people
305 664-5216 Becky
305 587-1925[/guote]

BSea
07-31-2007, 15:18
well, between vrbo and the other posting, I found Ocean Pointe to be a great deal! Only $137 a night for ocean view 2 bedroom condo. So I booked it! Any pointers for the area, feel free to post or PM me. Thanks All!!!!!

If you make it down to Marathon, you'll have to try the Martathon Fish Market. They are famouse for their Lobster Rueben. I'm not a rueben fan at all, but this sandwhich is really good. The place is very casual (it is the keys) with picnic tables & is basically serve your self. You place your order at a window then go pick it up when they call. Not the place for a nice dinner, but If you drive down after a morning of diving, it can be a late lunch.

Other places closer to, or in Key Largo.

Islamorada Fish Company - Nice place for dinner on the bay side. About MM 75
Island Grill - Nice place for dinner on the ocean side about MM 80 I think.
Sundowners - My favorite place, but others will disagree. On the bay side MM 104

BusDiver
08-13-2007, 13:34
If you do a quick search on scubaboard for a poster by the name of scubagirl she can hook you up. She is a realtor in Key Largo and rents out two bedroom condos at Kawama Yacht Club for $125 a night. This is the best deal I have found in that area. The condos are pretty nice. There is a lagoon on property where you can snorkel and an atlantic side beach. The area sits right by mile marker 100. Most of your dive operations are right there.

BusDiver
08-13-2007, 13:56
Okay, I found her number. Her name is Becky. She is a diver, spear fisherwoman, and a realtor. She is very active on other boards and after my last message may become active on this board. Very neat lady who dives the area every week if not daily.

Her number is 305/664-5216. These are nice condos and perfect for those heading down to dive. You cannot beat $125 a night for two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen.

divergirl4u
08-18-2007, 14:05
If looking in Key Largo area:
Call Becky at Kawama she has great rates on condos ... tell her Kim Porter said hi :) 305-587-1925 (her cell)
Nice Condos at real real good rates right off of Molasis reef ;)
But I do know the price quoted above is for members of scubabaord I am not sure about this board have to ask Becky :)
KP

NitroWill
08-18-2007, 14:08
Who are you diving with? I will be in Key Largo 24-26th..
We are staying in Pennekamp State Park - camping out - only $30 a night between us :)
I think we are diving w/ Pennekamp one day and Silent World the next...

divergirl4u
08-18-2007, 20:27
We are staying in Pennekamp State Park - camping out - only $30 a night between us :)

I love Conch Republic but have been out with silent world as well ... I will be doing a shallow reef there on saturday with my son and Becky and her crew should be fun
Kim P

Black-Gorrilla
08-18-2007, 20:37
OP has a decent continental breakfast with cereal, bagels, muffins, lots of juices, and coffee. But they don't start until 7:30am so you have to wolf it down and haul butt to be at CRD by 8am. There's a little diner about MM80 on the southbound side, can't think of the name offhand, that serves a decent lunch or dinner for a reasonable price. Has an all u can eat fish deal for $12. Tower Pizza is at MM100 and is one of my favorite pizzas.

12$ fish deal? how is it? i take it it's fresh(i mean, it is in the keys)

and tower of pizza is absolutely awesome place. i grab a few slices before i head back home everytime!!!

NitroWill
08-18-2007, 20:50

I love Conch Republic but have been out with silent world as well ... I will be doing a shallow reef there on saturday with my son and Becky and her crew should be fun
Kim P

What operation is Becky? Ill be there fri-sat-sun but our plans are still open..

Centerius
08-18-2007, 20:56
When I went to Key Largo, our class stayed at the Suites of Key Largo (http://www.suitesofkeylargo.com). The staff was helpful when needed, and the place has kitchen (stove/dishwasher/fridge), living room (w/pull out couch), bedroom (queen size bed), and a balcony. It's not exactly "first class," but it's $119 per night I believe. Just throwing another option out there, and maybe have it as a backup. :)

Black-Gorrilla
08-18-2007, 22:17
you can check this out too..

http://www.amoray.com/

divergirl4u
08-18-2007, 22:53

Kim P
What operation is Becky? Ill be there fri-sat-sun but our plans are still open..
She is the codo lady we have been speaking of from Kawama condos and she is just a friend with a boat ... so no operation at this point.
Kim P

NitroWill
08-18-2007, 22:55
ohh nice..lucky you!

Kim P
She is the codo lady we have been speaking of from Kawama condos and she is just a friend with a boat ... so no operation at this point.
Kim P

Speargirl
09-03-2008, 10:59
I have a new website Speargirl - Vacation Rentals (http://www.speargirl.com) If you are in need of a place to stay or a great dive package I can get them for you:smiley20: " I have my ways ":smiley31:
Becky
305 393-9686

mike_s
09-03-2008, 15:50
I have a new website Speargirl - Vacation Rentals (http://www.speargirl.com) If you are in need of a place to stay or a great dive package I can get them for you:smiley20: " I have my ways ":smiley31:
Becky
305 393-9686

you have a vrbo link or anything else?

work blocks the above URL and I'm sure that it'll be blocked by other companies also as we get our URL's from a subscription service. (but for some reason they don't block VRBO, yet).

Fireplug
10-20-2008, 06:00
The two times I have been to Key Largo with our small group we have used Becky for our condo needs. Kawamaa is a gated property with a security guy, is quiet, includes a pool, lagoon and beach area. Becky is professional and helpful. I will definitely go to her in the future. :smiley20: